Expand my Community achievements bar.

Averaging Planned and Actual hours

Level 3
We have an ongoing conversation about reporting on actual hours, knowing that we do not always have accurate user hours entered. Team members scope work, which becomes the planned hours, so there is some user participation there. While we look at hour entry accuracy, we're taking the average of planned and actual hours to do some high-level reporting, and I'm looking for some input on creating that calculation in Workfront VS dumping the data into Excel, then calculating. Full disclosure, text mode is not my sweet spot, so I'm really starting from ground zero on this. No idea where to start. We could talk for hours about the "why" behind this ask, and I'm happy to go there, too. However, my immediate challenge is the reporting need . Thanks in advance !( Xpost from reporting forum) Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Michelle, OK I'm probably a grade C+ with Text Mode, so I'm sure someone will have a more elegant code set and it's possible I have unnecessary fields in here. But I've tested this and it works. Here are the steps: Create a Project Report (Filter on the projects you wish to see) Add the Planned Hours & Actual Hours columns as normal Add another column. Switch to Text Mode. Click to edit text Copy & Paste this code below into the text (overlaying anything in there) Save & Close and it should be what you need For some reason the Average was calculated in minutes (even though the fields were in Hours). That's the reason for the DIV and I rounded to 2 decimals. Let me know if that helps. displayname=Average Hours linkedname=direct textmode=true valueexpression=ROUND(DIV(AVERAGE({workRequired},{actualWorkRequired}),60),2) valueformat=HTML viewalias=Average Hours

Level 3
I just got back from a week of PTO and found this response, Vic! I'll give it a try later this week and report back. Appreciate it! Michelle Yard Insperity