Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Automatically Approve Issue Commit Dates

Level 4
Is it possible to have a setting to automatically approve all commit dates for issues in a project? Approving these commit dates would then update their planned completion date. The problem is that our team members assigned to these issues are updating the issue's date under "This will be done by", but the issue's planned completion date won't update until that commit date is approved. These issues are part of a large 'bucket' project with hundreds of issues being created and managed. So it is inconvenient to frequently be approving these commit dates everyday. Denver Lemont Cardinal Health
3 Replies

Level 2
HI Denver, This discussion as well as the other one you recently posted regarding custom email notifications seems to indicate to me that your organization could benefit from Workfront Fusion. This tool would allow you to create the kinds of custom notifications you are after for standard Event Notifications as well as to construct automations around business rules for automatically approving specific issues on projects you specify. You are currently (out of the box) able to create HTML custom email notifications only for "Reminder Notifications" NOT for Event Notifications. Fusion would allow you to create custom email notifications that are triggered by most any 'Event' that could occur in Workfront. Ask your rep to demo Fusion for you to get more info on this. Regards, Steve Steven Hirsch Creative Acceleration

Level 4
Thanks Steve. I guess my question is why are these functionalities not included in the out of the box version of Workfront? Being able to change the email subject line is included, but you must pay thousands extra a year to be able change the email body. That does not seem like the right solution to this problem. Denver Lemont Cardinal Health

Level 8
How we handle this is we go by Commit date and ignore planned completion date on our issues inside of our Helpdesk project. This idea post is closish to what you're asking for. https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115005751487-Commit-Dates-Approvals-follow-th... Derek Visch Level Data