Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Automatic Alerts from Google Sheet to Workfront

Former Community Member
Hi Workfront users, We use a Google spreadsheet often to track a specific process and for many reasons we don't want to put it in Workfront. However, when that document get modified and Google sends an automatic alert saying changes have been made, we would like to have that message go into Workfront (as a comment somewhere). We currently do something like that in JIRA, but we haven't found a way in Workfront. Have any of you integrated a Google document into Workfront (more than just linking it)? Thanks in advance! Camille Camille
3 Replies

Level 10
I've used Azuqua to link Google Sheets and Google Docs with Workfront. Basically using it as a method to get data in and out of WF and trigger actions. I know you can create directed updates (comments) in WF from Azuqua, and I presume you can look for general document edits in Google docs and therefore use that as the trigger for a notification in WF. Usually Doug is next to chime in with a great pre-built app from his own AtAppStore. :) David Cornwell

Level 10
Ah David, my friend, With such an elegantly monogrammed invitation, how else but "guilty as charged" could I possibly rsvp? Yet (alas), I have no such AtApp entre to serve at this google doc pot luck; our chefs are preparing other dishes for other wishes. That said, what I can offer is that I did sample some delicious new tech at a Workfront-sponsored buffet for Partners late last month. I believe they have neary perfected the recipe, and once they finalize the last few ingredients (hmm...perhaps a dash of google doc automation, to spice it up, @Matt Mitchell ?), my understanding is that they'll at last set the menu and throw open the doors for their Grand Opening. Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 4
How about a request queue with a POP email account behind it? ~Jeff Jeff Rieth Fujifilm Medical Systems