Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Automated workflow: How to ensure a stage that has already approved a document doesn't get it upon a new version of the proof?

Level 5

The scenario:

We have two phases of approval in the automated workflow: A peer review and a Marketing Manager review. Peer review approves. MM has changes. When the designer uploads a new version of the proof, can the proof automatically bypass the peer review phase or will it always ever go back to the peer review?

Yes, we can ask the designer to delete the phase on the next version, but I am looking to see if there's something easy in the settings that I'm missing.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4

I don't have an answer to this, but would love to hear the answer if you get one as we struggle with the same thing.

Level 2

Did you ever figure this out? We are having the same issue now with automated workflow and I am trying to figure out how to bypass previous stages rather than restarting the review process all over again.

Employee

A version starts at the first stage of the assigned automated workflow. I think of it as the new version "resetting" the assigned automated workflow.

Automated workflows and proofs/versions have a 1:1 relationship. For example, when you upload the original proof and assign an automated workflow, the intent is that proof goes through the entire workflow. If the workflow is multiple stages, then the proof goes through each stage. If the next version of the proof needs to have a different workflow, then assign it a different automated workflow.

Or you can do as you suggested, which is the user uploading the version deletes the stage that isn't needed. This is why I like to use the Add New button > Version > Proof for uploading versions, rather than a drag-and-drop over the existing version, because it lets me modify the previously assigned workflow or swap it out as I'm uploading.

The first video in the Manage proofs and versions learning path on Workfront One explains a bit more.