Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Auto-assign tasks to Project Owner

Level 3

I know I have asked this in the past but it's been a few years now so I'll ask again ...

We have quite a few templates where there are tasks that are always are assigned to the project owner. As Resource Managers, my team always has to assign those tasks to whoever owns the project. I know that approvals can be automated for the project owner but not tasks. Is there a way to auto-assign tasks to the the project owner? If we can do this and automate a few other things I can actually automate myself out of a job😀

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

We had a similar need with our projects. The solution we were able to use was to utilize Fusion to auto-assign the Project Owner to tasks where the Template role was Account Manager. We have found that Fusion has been the best option for any automations.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

We had a similar need with our projects. The solution we were able to use was to utilize Fusion to auto-assign the Project Owner to tasks where the Template role was Account Manager. We have found that Fusion has been the best option for any automations.

Level 3

Hi Mike - Thanks! Were you using the functionality of Fusion or were you using Fusion to connect another app to Workfront to do the automation?

Level 10

You can do this in Fusion with a Workfront to Workfront integration, no other apps are necessary.

Level 4

Randy is correct; that is exactly what we did.