Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Assigning specific filter/view/grouping view to certain projects

Level 7
Is there a way to have certain projects assigned a certain filter/view/grouping that stays every time you open up that project?
7 Replies

Level 3
Filters/views/groupings are assigned to users, who can select the filter/view/grouping they want to use when viewing a project. Then the selection sticks as they move from project to project. For example, I have a View called Standard w/Description. It's the View I like to use on the majority of my projects. So I have that selected, and as I move from project to project, that's the View being used. If I get to a project where I want a different set of columns, I just switch the View. Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 7
Thanks. I know that whatever I select stays as I move from project to project. But I have some projects I always want a specific view and other projects I want to always use a different view. And I move from project to project frequently, so updating that view constantly is annoying. I rather set a default to the specific project so that whenever I go to that project, the view doesn't change. Does that make sense? I'm guessing this is not an option. I wonder if it is a feature others would like. Leah Janz Metro Transit

Level 2
I do want this also; the views i'm using are quite complex and being admin I'm also moving between projects and it is upsetting when the view doesn't match the content of the list. Debra Ravareau Centene - Communication Channel Services

Level 2
YES, this is sooooo confusing. I would love to be able to "assign a default view" to each project. Is this possible? @Mary Jenkins Type at least 3 letters... Amy Larson Brandkey

Level 7
Hello - has this gotten anywhere? we have a huge "want" for this ....views can get way too specific and long on some projects and just not needed on others. I am thinking maybe creating a tab in the project with a different default view might work??? I am going to repost as I am hoping this is a "thing" now. Tegwyn Stockdale Workfront System Admin / Production Coordinator BayCare Clearwater, Florida

Level 10
Has anyone put in an Idea Exchange? Kevin Quosig

Level 1
I"d love to have that feature as well. Any news?