Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Ask Your Workfront Fusion Questions!

Level 5

Workfront just announced a new codeless integration platform at Leap 2018, Workfront Fusion. Now you can easily connect productivity applications, financial systems, service management, and more to workflows in Workfront.

I've asked Workfront product managers Darin Patterson and Anna Grigoryan to hop into the Community to answer your questions about Workfront Fusion: how it works, what applications you can connect, and what's now possible with intelligent workflows.

What's your first question?

Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Level 10
This really does sound fantastic, looking forward to the webinar :) Two questions I have off the top of my head: 1) Can we automate stuff within our own Workfront instance? Does this count towards whatever the license amount of flows you have, or counted separately? 2) Presuming that sending emails is an action that can occur on the back of a trigger, can those be HTML formatted? (for example, I'm thinking of something like sending a nice automated email when a task approval has been sat with an approver for 3 days) Jamie Hill JLL

Level 6
Like Jamie, I'm most interested in hearing about automation within the Workfront instance. I'm not at the conference this year, so I may be misinterpreting what's possible with the tool. Workfront is really great at routing requests during intake with request queues. But I'd really love to see more automation during the middle of a request. At a basic level, our workflow looks like this: Request is submitted, kicking off an approval workflow Request is approved. It's a valid request that should be worked. Human Touch: A person then assesses the level of effort, priority, and then manually sets fields in the system (Planned Start Date, Planned Completion Date, Planned Hours, Assignments). Currently, we set those fields individually, because they're not linked, which is a lot of effort. My questions are: General question: What are the possibilities for automation? Can this automation drive updates to default fields, assignment fields, and custom fields? (Example: If I change the [Priority] to "Low", could that change the [Planned Completion Date] to be x days away?) If a field is updated via Workfront Fusion, can it be manually overwritten? (Example: 95% of the time, high priority items should be done in X days, but there are times where we need to do it quicker. Could we override that field or is it locked to what the Fusion workflow set?) Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing more during next week's webinar! Vincent Goodwin The Capital Group Companies

Level 4
Yes, Fusion can do some great in instance automation! From custom event notifications, to creating a request from a task in a project with information from custom forms, to rolling up data from tasks to the project. And yes, once you kick off a FLO it can do multiple things like sending an email, slack update, updating a calendar and updating Workfront. For some inspiring Fusion use cases please check out our videos at capabilitysource.com -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com Helpful? Buy me a coffee: https://www.patreon.com/mlayten - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
So regarding q1, that was sort of asked in the session I attended. The presenter said Workfront Fusion's usage is more for Workfront instance to another Workfront instance rather than doing it within the same instance. Polly Co

Level 10
edit: Just seen Anna's reply below - looks positive :) Jamie Hill JLL

Level 10
Hi Jamie, happy to answer, 1) Can we automate stuff within our own Workfront instance? Does this count towards whatever the license amount of flows you have, or counted separately? Yes, absolutely. The basic package enables you to connect to 3 different applications, and Workfront or Workfront Proof is not counted towards those 3 connectors, however, you have the limit of total FLOs, which Workfront automation will be counted towards to. 2) Presuming that sending emails is an action that can occur on the back of a trigger, can those be HTML formatted? (for example, I'm thinking of something like sending a nice automated email when a task approval has been sat with an approver for 3 days) Yes, you can automate sending HTML formatted emails. Cheers, Anna ANNA GRIGORYAN Group Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
Hi Polly, Workfront Fusion is a robust integration platform and can automate processes within the same instance of Workfront, connect multiple instances of Workfront, connect Workfront to over 100 of applications that we have prebuilt connectors, or connect Workfront to any application that has Web API. So whatever process you want to automate we will be able to do that with Workfront Fusion. Please check more details at "workfront.com/fusion"> workfront.com/fusion . Cheers, Anna ANNA GRIGORYAN Group Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
Hi Jamie, Not sure about the pricing/packaging of Fusion but the forms functionality is quite useful too. You can create a form with fields to fill out and use it to trigger actions. So, think of it kind of like building your own screens in Workfront. You can collect any data you want and then use it in a FLO to do whatever you want. Pretty much anything you can think of is possible. You can get an idea of the capabilities of the Workfront API via

Level 10
It is my understanding that if you purchase Fusion that connections to/from workfront do not count against your connections. I had posted the pricing on the forum but the powers to be a workfront took it down. Send me a PM and I will share what I know.

Level 10
@Michael Lebowitz - that had been my understanding too but the way the presenter said it, it could have been a way to steer the user from using it within the Workfront instance by itself as it could be more valuable to interconnect with another application when you can already connect to your WF instance via APIs. Polly Co

Level 10
That is certainly a possibility. Michael Lebowitz WorkFront System Administrator Product Development and Business Operations Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 10
David, did you get information about pricing and how to acquire Fusion? Send me an email at eric.lucas@crowley.com if you haven't. Thanks, Eric

Level 10
Hi Eric, We've already been using Fusion since before it was called Fusion! Already sorted for pricing...thanks. :) Cheers, David David Cornwell

Level 2
REMINDER: There is a live Workfront Fusion webinar that starts today in 1hr where you can get your Fusion questions answers live by product experts. More Information and to register: http://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1667646/E15807E4BA467D0E25CB44EEE1A840A9 Thanks, Sophie Beake Workfront sophiebeake@workfront.com