Expand my Community achievements bar.

As we can attach multiple templates to a project, is there a way of seeing which templates are attached to a project. As it stands it only shows the first template that was attached to the project when it was created.

Level 2

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Allan,

Assuming the templates you are interested in had tasks associated with them, I can offer two approaches:

• Create a Template Task report grouped by Project, by Template Name, collapsed to the second level to see the 1:many relationship, and with the (unavoidable) details of the various Tasks then shown at the (fully expanded) detailed level; or
  • Use the iterate textmode I've just tested below on a Project report, which does the same thing without the detailed task name, but with the (unavoidable) duplication of the template name for each task

I find the former more useful.

Regards,

Doug

displayname=Task Templates

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression={templateTask}.{template}.{name}

valueformat=HTML

I wonder if there's something else that can be nested, that there's only one of, that transfers from template to project? Maybe something like:

listmethod=nested(something).lists

valueexpression={templateSomething}.{template}.{name}

Level 2

Thanks Doug,

The difference in templates is not in the tasks but in the billing rate, so a project has a template with custom billing rate A attached, we then attach another template with custom billing rate B which over writes the billing rate A.

Level 10

Gotcha Allan,

In that case, according to the API, Projects do have a "Rates" collection, and each Rate collection does have a TemplateID on it, but when I tried to model it (by setting up a template with ONLY rates on it, no tasks, and then used Attach Template on an existing Project to "pull in" those new rates), although the Rates did indeed come through, the originating Template on those Rates is null, whether by using an API call, or using an iterate, as below.

I invite you to try one or both in your environment, in case you have better luck, but suspect you'll also see "null", as do I.

Regards,

Doug

API call (returns null)

https://[yourdomain].my.workfront.com/attask/api/v12.0/project/search?ID=[yourprojectID]&fields=rates:template:name

Project Level Text Mode column (returns null)

displayname=Rate Templates

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(rates).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression={template}.{name}

valueformat=HTML

Level 3

Hey Doug,

Do you have something that could be used to report on the multiple templates used for one Project? Detailing the templates used on that individual project rather than tasks? Or have I misinterpreted your first reply ?

We have larger projects which utilise many templates, when I've created a template report its skewed showing the primary template but doesnt take into account the additional templates used on the same project.

Thanks,

Nathan

Level 10

Hi Nathan,

Nothing new on this one that I know of: if you're referring to detecting additional Tasks that were added using Templates, my original post at the top of this thread stands, but if you're trying to detect other aspects of non-Task templates such as Rates (or Queue Topics, Routing Rules, etc.), the API does not support it (and nor, therefor, do the usual reporting parlor tricks).

Regards,

Doug