Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Approval = Issue Closed

Level 7
Is there a way to have an approval step change the status of the request to Closed?
5 Replies

Level 10
Only if your approver is willing to hit the "reject" button. You can set it so that a "reject" would move the status to Closed, but hitting an "Approve" won't do anything other than make it stay on that status. Can you just make it so that when someone tries to close the issue, an approver has to "approve" that before it closes?

Level 7
We are trying to automate an approval request. No actual work to be done, but an approval of a request to an end user.

Level 7
So I think like Skye said you can have the approval kick off when the status is set to "Close", so it will be set to "Close - Pending approval", and then when it's approved, it will be closed.

Level 7
Yes I see that. I was hoping that as the request came in (status of "New") an approval process would kickoff and the final approval would then make the status "closed". I want this to be fully automated.

Level 10
the way we manage this sort of thing in our system is that one or more of the approvals directs that approver to change the status. For example in a recent request workflow, we have the following: New-pending approval (Approver please change status to "writer required") Writer required-pending approval (Approver please do some work, change the status to Writing complete) Writing complete-pending approval (Writing Complete is equivalent to a "Closed" status, so approving this effectively closes this request)