Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Approval Buttons on Home - Similar to MyWork

Level 3
With the "My Work" screen, our CFO signs in, clicks an approval button that is on the screen in front of him, closes workfront, and moves on. With the new HOME, there isn't an "Approvals" Tab and I'm looking for a solution to have the Approval Button sitting in view when he logs on. Not to have him select the project on the right hand side first, but to have it in his view. Has anyone run into a way to do this? Thanks, Dave Dave Rulon Great Dane Limited Partnership Savannah, GA 912-644-2452
10 Replies

Level 10
Hiya Dave, Sidestepping your real question but assuming that your CFO is packing a Smart Phone... May I suggest you look into the Workfront Mobile App, which might be good option (or perhaps, even a better alternative)? Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 3
Hey there Doug, Hope you're well. Although I appreciate the alternative solution, I'm hoping to figure something out for his desktop view and keep the app out of it. We've already "poked the bear" enough introducing Workfront to him. ;) Dave Rulon Great Dane Limited Partnership Savannah, GA 912-644-2452

Level 10
Ah: fair comment, Dave -- bear poking is a tricky proposition. @Skye Hansen , if you still have your magical cans-and-string line open to the Dev team, any chance that an Approvals Easy Button might make the cut for 19.3 (or some other alternative you would suggest)? Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
I'm hoping to stay off my soapbox for this one--other than to suggest you share these sentiments with your account rep at Workfront (i.e. that the new Home layout needs better layout in the filters dropdown--and please feel free to get very descriptive about what you'd like to see instead). My suggestion would probably be to try and move the exec onto a dashboard. Have the first report be a URL link to " https : / / yourinstance . my . workfront . com / myUpdates " , and have all the other reports be all the other beautiful reports you've given him/her to look at. This could be a win/win for you: "One-stop shop to approve the thing, check the operational health of your beautiful system, and move on with the rest of your day." -skye

Level 10
Excellent suggestions Skye -- thank you. Dave, in addition to pinging your rep, if you need a hand with such a CFO landing page dashboard, you're welcome to drop me an email; I'd be happy to help you noodle it out. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 3
Thank you both for the suggestions. I appreciate the input. Dave Rulon Great Dane Limited Partnership Savannah, GA 912-644-2452

Level 5
Hi Dave, Everyone else is staying off the soapbox so I'm stepping up. We had so much trouble with the Home view I moved my entire team back to My Work and there we will happily remain until Home is actually ready for prime time. None of my teams have any intention of ever downloading Workfront's app. In our team's view, their phones are for checking messages not for actually completing work. To have to create custom dashboards to work around Workfront's interface just pisses off my admins, so staying with My Work has been the best solution for us. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 10
I got your back too when it comes to Home vs. My Work. We're staying on My Work as long as possible until Home is "fit for duty". I never like going backwards in functionality.

Level 1
I too find the Home button confusing and irritating. Melody Bateman Onemain Holdings, Inc.

Level 7
The fact that the filter menu is so functionally important but so visually hidden is the most confusing aspect of the page Functionally the filter menu is confusing for new users, they don't know what they're looking at. You're combining "What is it?" with "What state is it in?" in a single menu - most people don't realize which questions are being asked of them. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation