Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Any way to revert the iteration story board interface?

Level 1
We got migrated to the new story board interface and it's... terrible. It completely removes the usefulness of seeing things in a storyboard/kanban interface because the only option for grouping tasks is by parent task, which not all of our tasks have. The result being a hodgepodge of tasks with no real ordering, and then a ton of orphaned tasks down below. I'd love to be able to use this breaking out feature to split out the tasks based on project, owner, or nothing at all, but it doesn't look like that option is available. Is there any way to exempt an organization or a team from the new iteration interface?
8 Replies

Level 4
I feel your pain.... We got the advance view about 2 months ago, and immediately voiced our dislike. So far as I know, there is no "Return to Storyboard Classic" button. MAkes you want to go back to Post-its on a wall! The new board has been improved slightly by the ability to partially collapse the cards. All I can suggest is going to the Workfront Requests link and petitioning for the old-style board to be returned to us. Sorry I can't directly help you apart from offering my support. I guess someone out there likes the new board......??? Cheers, Phil

Level 1
You could remove the team assignment from the parent tasks so the parent task does not appear on the board. It then would be closer to the old board as will only have one level and would not have the orphan issue (as all would be orphans). And in Team Settings assign the colors to project or assignee. It is still not the old board but could make it a bit better.

Level 1
Great idea! That's perfect, should have thought of that since there's not much value to assigning parent tasks to the team. That'll get me going for now, thanks!

Level 9
Braxton, thanks for asking awesome questions and using the community! Steve, thanks for providing an awesome answer. You get the hero-of-the-day award! Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 1
It doesn't look like there is a way to vote-up or like a post in this forum, but I basically agree... I'd like the old board back, or a way to choose between the two. Way too much space is being taken up by the burndown chart and such. And even with removal of a parent task, the old board offered better insight into the bigger picture, IMHO.

Level 9
Hey Jason, thanks for the feedback both on the story board and the forum (upvotes). I'll pass the Workfront feedback on to the product design team. As far as the Upvote feature, I know it's something they're developing right now as a new feature. Not sure what the timeline is, but I'm hoping for it sooner rather than later. Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 4
Hi Nate, is the upvote feature still in progress? I've had a few questions solved quickly from the community and I want to show my appreciation (in more than just my text response).

Level 9
Yes, we're whipping up a couple of surprises that will be launched in the next few months. I think you'll like what you see. -Nate On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 12:15 PM, Eric Converse < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > Hi Nate, is the upvote feature still in progress? I've had a few questions > solved quickly from the community and I want to show my appreciation (in > more than just my text response). > > -----End Original Message----- > -- *NATE Bagley* Community Manager [image: Workfront] http://www.workfront.com *O* 801.477.9712 | *M* 801.706.3295 <315.576.9764> natebagley@workfront.com | www.workfront.com [image: Workfront] < ">http://www.workfront.com/email-promo>