Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Any way to add a task as a column in a task report?? \nI'm wanting the report to be a horizontal view versus a vertical view..

Level 2

In this instance, I'm wanting the customer requested ship date to populate for each individual project.

project 123 whitney jessica 5 days 2,3 1/2/2021 2/2/2021 56% 12/7/22

next project

next project

Here is what I've tried so far:

displayname=Customer Requested Ship Date

linkedname=task

namekey=view.relatedtask

namekeyargkey.0=task

namekeyargkey.1=name

querysort=task:name

textmode=true

valuefield=plannedCompletionDate

valueformat=mediumAtdate

thanks for the help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

First time responding to a question on here, so hope I'm doing this right! Not sure if you already have your solution, but thought I'd chime in since I do this a lot.

I have reports that accomplish what you're asking for, but I create them as project reports (not task reports) -- so as you asked for, each row is a project. Then for the columns in which you want to display the due dates for specific tasks on those projects, the text mode is:

displayname=Customer Requested Ship

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

usewidths=true

valueexpression=IF({name}='Customer Requested Ship',IF({status}="CPL",{actualCompletionDate},{plannedCompletionDate}))

valueformat=HTML

width=75

This will display the Planned Completion Date, unless the task is already complete, in which case it will display the actual completion date.

Hope that helps :)

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Employee

Hey there Whitney!

Would it work to have multiple data points in one column?? This article talks about how to merge columns. Then you could have project name, dates, and % complete all in one column!

Kyna

Level 2

Hi, @Kyna Baker - inactive‚

No, I would like them to be in seperate columns.

Essentially I want to view multiple tasks for each project with the project only appear on one line.

I want to find a way to view the project name in one column and then task names in the following columns. do you know of any way to achieve that with text mode?

Level 10

@Whitney Hawkins‚ , can you upload a sketch of what you want?

Otherwise, aren't you just asking for a task report grouped by project name?

Level 2

Hey, @Kevin Quosig‚

Ideally, I'm wanting all the task names to appear as columns with their appropriate due dates below. and see only one row of data for each project:

Project Name Customer Requested Ship Our Ship Date Development Date Last Date

Project 1 12/5/21 1/5/22 2/5/22 3/5/22

Project 2 1/5/22 3/6/6/22 4/6/22 7/1/22

Project 3 3/7/22 3/12/22 5/1/22 12/1/22

Project 4 1/1/22 2/2/22 3/12/22 7/19/22

Level 10

Hi Whitney,

Here's a WF-Pro Milestone Tasks example that is similar to what you're after.

You could either "tag" the Customer Request Ship Date as a Milestone on all your projects and replace the milestoneID with your specific version, or instead, look for the particular Task Name, assuming it's always the same.

Either way, you could then repeat the concept for as many (single) Task Columns as you wish for each (single) Project row in your Project report.

Regards,

Doug

thanks, @Doug Den Hoed‚

I had inputted

displayname=Customer Requested Ship Date

listdelimiter=

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({task}.{name}="Customer Requested Ship Date",{plannedCompletionDate}),"")

valueformat=mediumAtdate

no luck on an output... any suggestions??

I was hoping to do it by task name (it is always the same) to avoid having to do the work of attaching milestones to all the current projects we have!

Community Advisor

In addition to what Doug said, I'll offer this up: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006etndqSAA/text-mode-to-pull-information-from-a-custom-...

TLDR: Keep working on your syntax. The realization needs to be that you're going back up to the project and getting the task list from there. Your listmethod line should be calling nested(project.tasks).lists, and then as Doug says, once you "get there" you only have to look for the "name" not the "task.name".

Correct answer by
Level 2

First time responding to a question on here, so hope I'm doing this right! Not sure if you already have your solution, but thought I'd chime in since I do this a lot.

I have reports that accomplish what you're asking for, but I create them as project reports (not task reports) -- so as you asked for, each row is a project. Then for the columns in which you want to display the due dates for specific tasks on those projects, the text mode is:

displayname=Customer Requested Ship

listdelimiter=<div>

textmode=true

type=iterate

usewidths=true

valueexpression=IF({name}='Customer Requested Ship',IF({status}="CPL",{actualCompletionDate},{plannedCompletionDate}))

valueformat=HTML

width=75

This will display the Planned Completion Date, unless the task is already complete, in which case it will display the actual completion date.

Hope that helps :)

Level 2

@Julia Phelps‚ THANK YOU SO MUCH! exactly what I was looking for and worked perfectly. Really appreciate your help (you responded perfectly).

Level 10

Hi Whitney,

Since you're iterating tasks already (e.g. you are already "at" the task level), there's no need to repeat it on the valueexpression, which instead can be simplified to

valueexpression=IF({name}="Customer Requested Ship Date",{plannedCompletionDate}),"")

Also, in case it's still blank...I often use valueformat=HTML just to see "something" come back, and then if what comes back makes sense with what I expect (e.g. a date), set a more specific format (e.g. valueformat=mediumAtdate)

Regards,

Doug