Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Any training for new project managers that you all would suggest that complements Workfront?

Former Community Member
Any training for new project managers that you all would suggest that complements Workfront?
1 Reply

Level 2
The concepts behind project management (adherence to the project management triangle, proper documentation of tasks - who, what, why, managing your plan, tracking and closing issues, project closure, etc.) are essentially the same, regardless of the tool that you are using to manage projects. What kind of formailzed project management training have you received? I have utilized numerous management tools over the past 20 years and they all cover the same basic areas of concern for managers (some better than others). The existing Workfront training will help you with the tool itself, but unless you are considering utilizing an Agile framework, I don't think there's any training outside of Workfront that will be of any real benefit. Remember, you can manage projects with an electronic set of tools or you can use a wall with Post-it notes and pens.