Expand my Community achievements bar.

Any kickstart gurus out there?

Level 1
I'm pretty handy with kickstarts, but i've run in to a problem with dates in the project overview over riding the due dates in the kickstart. Anyone know a way to remedy this?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 5
Do you have any tasks importing into the project? I find that the task dates normally dictate the project dates. If I don't have specific task I include a date setting task with the relevant date. On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 1:26 PM Jessi Shrum < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > I'm pretty handy with kickstarts, but i've run in to a problem with dates > in the project overview over riding the due dates in the kickstart. Anyone > know a way to remedy this? > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 10
Does anyone have a manual or documentation for Kickstarts? ‚ò∫

Level 1
I am importing tasks and using the setActualStartDate column in my kickstart with a date filled in, but once it is loaded to the project the dates kick over to the inital start date of the project.

Level 3
I ran into a similar problem and, like Melinda noted, I had to add a dummy task to each imported project to make it work. If you're adding actual tasks, my suggestion is to NOT have a project start date...only a task start date. The task actual start date will populate the project actual start date. I did have a planned completion date for the project but the actual completion date for the project was determined by the actual completion date of the final (and only) task. I am attaching a sample spreadsheet that might help explain what I'm saying here.

Level 9
I used the Must Start On constraint and filled in the desired start date in the constraintDate field in the kick start template. Note that you have to enter the constraint type as MSO instead of Must Start On.