Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

All Tasks at 100%, but project is at 54%

Level 8
Hello, Workfront Gurus- We have a project that has all of the tasks complete, but the project says it's only at 54%. I've had this happen before, but it's been a while and I can't recall where to look. There are 74 tasks and only 3 have someone assigned. I checked these 3 to confirmed only 1 person is assigned, so it's not an issue of one person having done their part, but another hasn't. Any suggestions on where else to look? Thanks! Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial
8 Replies

Level 10
Hi Wendy, I'd suggest you try Project Actions > Recalculate Timeline to refresh the overall Percent Complete to match what's underneath in the Tasks Percent Completes. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
That worked! :) Thanks, Doug. Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial

Level 7
I see this happen the most often when all tasks in a project are complete, and the project is moved to Complete status earlier than the project's planned completion date. As Doug outlines, we just do a Recalculate Timeline, and the project updates to 100% Complete. I have a report on an Admin Dashboard of mine that pulls in "Projects Complete Not 100%", which shows me these type of projects, so that we can do the recalc on them. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
This bug drives me crazy. The timeline will usually recalculate on its own overnight, but it's an issue if a project is due "today" and you look for projects that are at 100% to send. We have a review step before we send everything to clients, and the only way we know if something is done is by project completion percentages, so that number needs to be accurate as soon as tasks are completed.

Level 10
It's weird we're not seeing this issue that much. I know most of you know this, but just in case there are any new comers here, there is a setting within each project that controls this (outside of any aforementioned bugs). From within the project under Edit Project > Settings the Update Type should control when these items are updated (again barring any bugs). Just wanted to make sure people are aware of this and they're not walking by something obvious.

Level 7
Thanks, Vic. All of our project templates are set to that functionality - Update Type: Automatic and On Change, but we still see the issue with having to recalc every now and again. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
Cool. Just wanted to make sure we didn't walk past something. We used to see this more often in the early days of ancient 2014. But I haven't seen it lately on our instance. But I did see it the other day once. So I'll be more alert now. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone

Level 7
Hey all, One additional suggestion to add onto what Vic suggested at the project, would be to check what the tracking mode is for tasks. If they're set to User Must Update, that's why they're getting stuck. I hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront