Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

All Request Types not available to Admins

Level 4
When a Request Queue is setup, normally permissions are set to only allow 'People in this project's group' to add requests to the queue. Would think that being an admin would override this and would be able to fill out any Request Type. This is not the case. If I want to test a request form, I need to add myself to the group it is published to. Anyone else experience this or find a way around it, or would it be a feature request?
3 Replies

Level 4

Hi Sarah,

I was also surprised when I discovered System Admins don't override Request Queue visibility settings. To test a request form, I would either add my self to the company or group it was visible to. At first I added all Groups setup in our instance to my 'Other Groups,' but this did cause my View, FIlter, & Grouping dropdowns to be cluttered because objects were shared at a group level.

The method I use now is I created a Project Report, filtering for any Projects published as a Queue (see attachment for filter) and added it to my favorites. That way to test any Request Queues, I can quickly see all Request Queue projects, regardless if they're under my Requests page. Then once on the project, I just go to the Issues tab and select 'New Issue' to see how the request form looks.

Best,

Andrew Beard

Sr. Associate, LeapPoint

"mailto:

abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com

203-232-40900690z000007ZkQlAAK.png

Level 10
I think the logic why Admins do not automatically see all requests queue is that it's possible that you can have multiple lines of businesses and with specific administrators sharing your instance or you'd end up with an extremely long list in your requests queue.

Level 3
That is great reasoning! Thank you for making that make sense.