Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Agile statuses - customize?

Level 10
Hi all We're testing the Kanban feature with one of our teams and they've asked if they can have statuses with names slighly more nuanced than "New", "In Progress", etc. I've looked into this briefly and it seems Workfront can only allow other statuses to be selected if they are locked for all groups. This doesn't really work for us as even assuming 1 more team wants to customize in this way that's like 8 extra statuses all the regions/teams on our instance will see for tasks/issues. (Locking for groups means the groups themselves can't hide these new statuses) Is there another way?? Jamie Hill JLL EMEA
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 4
I've looked at this too and, no, the only way to add statuses for the team is to expose it to the whole group. However, I thought it only needed to be for the specific group and not locked (but it's been a while). It will still show for everyone in the group. This would be a great suggestion for idea exchange. Elizabeth Ross J Jill

Level 2
Even just separating the agile statuses from the regular task statuses would be a big improvement as the same statuses don't make sense for the two very different management approaches. Carlos Suarez FCCI Insurance Group

Level 10
That's a fantastic suggestion Carlos! I wonder if it would de-risk it from Workfront's side splitting them out. Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
Bump for a link to this suggestion on the Idea Exchange for custom statuses for Agile - please upvote!! https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360007359174-Allow-creation-of-custom-statuse... Jamie Hill JLL EMEA