Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

(Admin) Multiple Company Setup & Team Organization Reporting Structure

Level 4
Hello Workfront Community, Need help w/ the following challenge... Ready? Scenario : Company A (a primary company, HQ) Company B (another/separate legal entity associated w/ Company A; a sister company) Manager X works for Company A Direct Report Y (to Manager X) works for Company B IF Manager X is associated w/ Company A in the user setup, AND Direct Report Y is associated w/ Company B in the user setup, THEN the Direct Report Y ***CANNOT*** be added as a direct report of Manager X. Reason: both resources do not belong to the same company. Q : Do you have any thoughts/ideas on how to handle a direct report association between a manager in one company and an employee from another company? [Edit Person > Organization > Reports To] Is this another suggestion for the “Idea Exchange”? Thank you in advance. Best, +Pavlin
2 Replies

Level 7
So is everybody at the parent and subsidiary going to be using Workfront and will they need to collaborate? I think it depends on how integrated and for what purposes (and for reporting) you'll be using Workfront. One possible scenario is that maybe you create a "Company" the includes both, meaning let's say you're "Softlayer", and IBM subsidiary. Your company name in Workfront could be "IBM - Softlayer", and then all users of both companies would be put into this company name. You could create a "Group" for IBM and a Group for Softlayer. You could create sub-groups as well. I haven't thought through all the implications, and hopefully you'll get a better answer here - good luck!

Level 4
Hey Greg, Thank you for your reply and the ideas you've provided. It seems that it's something that needs to be improved in the WF 'Company' settings and intra-organizational structure. This is a valid scenario that some direct reports could be legally associated with one company (e.g., a sister company) and their boss could be working for the HQ company. We should be able to create two ***separate*** companies, add users under those companies and then ***link*** the direct reports with their boss. Thank you for your help. Best, +Pavlin