Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Adding a new group, custom statuses

Level 2

We are in the process of adding a new Group to our Workfront instance.  This group will have some different names for Project and Task statuses.  Does anyone have any experience on whether it's better to rename the system statuses that get applied to the Group upon its creation, or just delete and recreate new statuses.  Any general advice on adding a new group (~25 users) would be helpful too!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think best is to create new system statuses, and then hide them for the entire instance, but unlock them. 

For the group that needs the status, they can unhide it for that group. For everyone else -- they'll never know that status is available since it's hidden. This will give you the most flexibility over the entire instance.

We've gone the route of only creating the status for the group and that has led to plenty of heartache since other groups decide at different times that they need that status as well -- this has occasionally led to the same status in different groups with different "Keys" -- e.g. "Briefed" represented by BRF in one group and BRE in another group. This makes reporting really difficult

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think best is to create new system statuses, and then hide them for the entire instance, but unlock them. 

For the group that needs the status, they can unhide it for that group. For everyone else -- they'll never know that status is available since it's hidden. This will give you the most flexibility over the entire instance.

We've gone the route of only creating the status for the group and that has led to plenty of heartache since other groups decide at different times that they need that status as well -- this has occasionally led to the same status in different groups with different "Keys" -- e.g. "Briefed" represented by BRF in one group and BRE in another group. This makes reporting really difficult