Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Actual invoice amount less than WorkFront amount

Level 10
Another conundrum for the group to ponder. There are times when we invoice the client for an amount lower than the actual amount generated from WorkFront. For instance, we estimated the cost of a project at $500 but after creating billing records the actual cost is now $1,000. How do we account for that lost revenue? I was thinking of creating an expense type that the account manager would need to complete prior to billing so that the revenue amount in WF matches what we are going to bill for. Any thoughts? Michael
1 Reply

Level 8
One thing I have done in the past is to create a tasked named ‘Credit’ and set the Revenue type Fixed Revenue, then put the amount of the overage in the Cap field (in parentheses to indicate a negative number). [cid:image001.png@01D2BE93.1C23E4B0] When you then create the billing record and add the Fixed Revenue, it will subtract from the total (it adjusts the Actual Revenue on the project as well) Adina