Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

A different way to get notified?

Level 5
Wondering if there is another way to be notified of new comments on requests - other than emails, that is. I thought about adding a column for the most recent comments, but that doesn't tell me specifically if something is new. Is there a report or dashboard or something I can use to show me only new comments and/or specifically let me know they're new? Has anyone come across this issue? Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.
7 Replies

Level 2
Hello, How about using "Last Note Entry Date", then in the column setting advanced options use conditional formatting (add column rule) to call out entries between certain dates (today, last week, between certain dates) (could be in a report/dashboard that also includes the " last note text". -Elan Elan Nardi

Level 2
You will have to manually manage items (seen, unseen), but at least you will be able to see that information a bit clearer with that advanced column setting. Also, perhaps set a dashboard report send periodically to comb through the entries/items. Elan Nardi

Level 5
Thanks Elan! That's super helpful. Do you know if there is an "IF THEN" statement I can use to only show if "today"? Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Level 2
Jazmin, Yes, there is list of options in dropdown when setting a new column rule. Today=$$Today is one of them. I have a report that I use this on and have set recurring sends twice a day. I use it to check on folks submissions making sure they have built their projects out correctly. -Elan Elan Nardi

Level 10
I don't know if I'm missing something but if you turn off your email notifications you still get notifications in the blue box in the top right. See attached. My boss does this because he gets so many emails. So he checks the notifications here in Workfront. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
I'm sure Vic knows this, but more for the benefit of others, I thought I'd just clarify that there is a difference in the types of notifications you can get via the web interface vs via email. The web notifications are fixed and relate to directed messages, work requests, approval requests, and that's about it I believe. Email notifications support many, many more types of notifications and these are configured in your notification settings. Switching off email notifications completely means you would miss out on quite a lot of the possible notifications. I wish the web notifications we configurable via the same set of notification settings and you could select web, email or both. There is an idea in the exchange which has only 2 votes so far. "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115004146653-Enable-Users-to-Customize-In-App-Notifications-Like-Email-Notifications-">If you agree, please vote for it. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
If you are interested in getting an email when a new note is added you could explore using the new Subscribe Feature. Subscribing yourself or someone else to a Issue, Task, or Project will cause an email to be sent to them when a Comment is entered on the Update tab, also see if you could change the users notifications to be "digest" instead...this would reduce emails... Maybe this is an option for you... Update: - Sorry....you don't have digest option for subscriptions...would have been nice to have an option to see a digest of all updates that you are subscribed to. :( Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU