Expand my Community achievements bar.

2022.3 Release Workshop Follow-up (June 28 & 30, 2022)

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the 2022.3 Release Workshops on June 28 and 30, 2022.

Thank you to everyone that participated! We'll add more follow ups here as we research some of the questions that came up.

There were also some Innovation Lab ideas discussed, so if you've added any (or found relevant ones), feel free to share them here for others to review and upvote.

Attached are the slides and an MS Project export of the release project template that you can utilize in your own instance to prepare for releases.

We hope you can use this space to connect with one another and build your community!

Thanks,

Leslie, @Cynthia Boon‚ and the Customer Success at Scale team

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 6

Could you provide the template in XLSX format please?

Also, the link to the recording in the after webinar email starts the meeting rather than triggering the recording. Is there another link to access the recording? I had to leave early and would really love to hear the rest of the conversation.

Employee

Thank you so much for reaching out to let us know! For anyone on the 6/28 workshop, we've sent a new link to the recording. Apologies for that mix up!

Also, I know we chatted via email, but for anyone else looking to utilize the MS Project file here- you'll want to go to Projects > click the "New Project" drop down > select MS Project and upload the file.

Employee

On today's session, we talked a bit about how to help requesters get to the resolving object, and not the issue they input. There are a ton of different ways to handle, here's one idea:

• Post an update on the issue with a link to the resolving object/project.
  • Set up an issue report and use the text mode below on the issue name field to remove the link to the issue.
  • Include the "Last Note: Note Text" field in the issue report to show the update you made with the link to the project. Rename the column so users know to click here.
  • If needed, limit the permissions on the issue.
  • Pin this report or make it easily accessible for your requesters to reference.

Has anyone else found a way to help requesters find the right place to make updates?

Text Mode:

descriptionkey=name

displayname=Request Name

listsort=string(name)

namekey=name

querysort=name

textmode=true

valueexpression=CONCAT({name})

valueformat=HTML

width=140

Community Advisor

Hi all! We also discussed yesterday the common frustration of people commenting/adding docs/etc. on requests/issues that have already been converted. I've submitted an Innovation Lab for an idea to have these be disabled (not deleted) after they are converted, with only admins being able to edit the issue (or maybe a select group of users). Please help upvote this : )

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0874X000000oPCKQA2/detail

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 6

Will delegated work be flagged as such within Workload Balancer?

Level 4

Project Header customization

As a future release improvement, I think it would be nice to have 6 or possibly 7 project header fields. I wouldn’t want to lose any of the existing 5 fields (project owner, percent complete, planned completion date, status and condition). It would be really beneficial to have project reference number as the 6th header field. Currently, we ask our project owners to add the project reference number in the project title manually. As the 7th field, it would be nice to have the request (“This Resolves”) field.

I have posted this as an idea. See link below.

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0874X0000010wX2QAI/detail

If you see the value in this improvement, please vote for the idea.

Community Advisor
Micron Confidential Hi Ramanan, I agree that more than 5 fields would be nice (I’m looking forward to when custom form fields are an option!). Just flagging that you can already add the resolving object link with this latest release : ) Micron Confidential

Level 4

Hi Madalyn,

Do you mean adding "This Resolves" field as one of the five header fields? If so, I am aware of that. My idea is more about the field space for 6th and 7th items (rather than current max of 5 fields).

Community Advisor

Gotcha. You mentioned would be nice to have that so was making sure you saw it!