Expand my Community achievements bar.

2019.1 - release dates?

Level 10
Hi - I can't see the dates for deployment anywhere on the 2019.1 Release Activity Overview page. In a recent announcement it said the update would occur in the week of the 24th of Feb. Are any more accurate dates known yet? Cheers David Cornwell
27 Replies

Level 7
Hi David, on the "https://trust.workfront.com/">Trust site , it outlines the dates for the 2019.1 release for each Cluster. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
Thanks Terry...in the past it's been posted on the Support site on the Release Activity page. To save others a jump, here's the current info from the Trust site: "The deployment of the 2019.1 release will start for each cluster and subcomponent as follows: Proofing: February 25 at 11:00 p.m., MST Clusters 2 and 4: February 27 at 8:00 p.m., MST Clusters 1, 3, and 5: February 28 at 8:00p.m., MST No downtime is expected and all clusters and components will be available during deployment. This post will be updated when the deployment on each cluster begins and completes." David Cornwell

Level 7
Funny story about that @David Cornwell , we literally had this chat internally yesterday about the release site not showing dates, just the trust site. I'm not going to say for sure we'll update the release site, but multiple people are pushing to have it published in a more visible way. =) Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
This is a different topic and I don't know if it would be possible but it would be nice if Trust wasn't a separate site....it would be good if it was another tab on the main site. David Cornwell

Level 7
I'm not saying it is or isn't, but it is: https://cl.ly/6668c36e8edb Also, workfront.com/release has been updated to reflect the dates for the server clusters. =) Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10

I meant more like here (see attached). :) David Cornwell0690z000007Zhj6AAC.png

Level 7
Well sure, but you could also go to the bottom left and click Trust under the Help section =) https://cl.ly/b1222328a117 Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3
Hi Dustin - is My Work completely going away with 2019.1? I heard that throughout last year but I don't think I see an official statement of this in the 2019.1 Activity Overview or in Community when I do a keyword search. If this is listed somewhere could I get a link? Thank you! Tina Tina Huang Optum

Level 10
Hi Tina - Dustin can of course comment from WF's perspective, but I was told that My Work will remain indefinitely until further enhancements to the Home Calendar are implemented to add functionality regarding the display of pre-planned work. David Cornwell

Level 7
Hi Tina, To second what David has said, we have also been advised by Home product owners that as Home is still under development we will be keeping My Work for now. Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 3
Tina, I second what David and Vicky said. I chatted with support a few weeks ago, and they confirmed removing the deprecation of My Work in this release. I asked if it was pushed to 19.2, and they replied with "My work will continue to exist for the time being, there are no plans to deprecate it at this time." Justin Enzor Insperity

Level 2
Thank goodness! (not a fan of Home) Chris Garbrandt Nationwide Children's Hospital chris.garbrandt@nationwidechildrens.org

Level 3
LOL this was our reaction as well. We had a few team members "testing" before we rolled it out, and they all asked to be swapped back to My Work once we found out it wasn't happening. Justin Enzor Insperity

Level 1
This is good news! At this point, definitely prefer My Work to Home. Lynn Susi MBA Project Strategist The MetroHealth System Cleveland, OH (216) 957-2264

Level 6
I've been using Home since last summer, and I've generally been pleased with it. The biggest benefit of Home my team sees is that you can edit fields from Home, whereas you couldn't in My Work. We've configured their layout template so they can see all the metadata & documents they need to see on one screen (rather than jumping into the object page and jumping between the Updates, Details > Overview, Details > Custom Forms, and Documents tabs) Vincent Goodwin The Capital Group Companies

Level 6
THANK HEAVENS! My users just do not like My Home at all. I've done lots of training, I've relied on users who are great with change and everything. We just have too many cons with it right now to switch. Thanks for that good news! Brittany Jones Project Manager, Marketing Operations DICK's Sporting Goods

Level 7
Does anyone know if the Proof release actually went live last night as intended? I haven't seen any updates anywhere, including Trust. Mike Clark Program Manager Healthgrades

Level 7
My support rep confirmed that Proof did indeed go live, if anyone else was curious as well (thanks Courtney!). They must have missed updating Trust along the way. Mike Clark Program Manager Healthgrades