Expand my Community achievements bar.

üí° Environment Management Workshop

Level 10

(TLDR: "You had me at Environment Management"? Register NOW WATCH HIGHLIGHTS and WATCH DIRECTORS CUT).

Have you ever wondered how to migrate (projects, users, custom forms, dashboards, etc.) between your production, preview and sandbox Workfront instances? It's a common problem, and one that the Adobe Workfront Product Management team is actively researching.

Join me, Doug Den Hoed (CEO of AtAppStore) and Lilit Mkrtchyan (Workfront Product Manager) on Friday, Jan 21 at 11am Eastern / 8am Pacific / 4pm BTC for a joint discussion of this challenge and a live demonstration of our Packages solution.

This is an opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas directly with Workfront as they conduct their research, and in doing so, get hands-on experience with our existing solution using your own Workfront environments.

If you'd like to attend, there are two options:

- Participant: if you would like to join and try our existing solution yourself, simply describe your current migration requirements in the comment when you register and we'll set you up with credentials so you can follow along during the Workshop. (NOTE: you must have System Admin credentials to participate)

- Observer: If you would like to sit in and watch, that's ok too! Just say so in the comment when you register.

Either way, we invite you to register NOW WATCH HIGHLIGHTS and WATCH DIRECTORS CUT).

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Regards,

Doug

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

22 Replies

Employee

Hi, all,

I'm excited that Doug has kindly agreed to walk us all through his Packages solution and allow everyone to try and migrate data from Sandbox to Production. Besides, currently we're in the middle of a product research to identify the main pain points in the data migration process, so this session is a great place to discuss and share any feedback or requests you have for similar capabilities that may potentially be added within Workfront.

Thanks for the workshop, Doug, and hope to see many of you there!

- Lilit

Workfront Product Manager

Level 10

Wow! We're now at 35+ registered for Friday!

Many thanks to all those who've already signed up -- this is obviously a hot topic!

@Lilit Mkrtchyan‚ if you would kindly bump up our initial limit of 50 to 100, I'll go set up some more virtual chairs, just in case...

Regards,

Doug

Employee

Done! Looking forward to Friday. This is going to be interesting 😊

Level 10

Thank you to everyone who joined Lilit and me at our Environment Management Workshop! 💡

In addition to confirming that there’s lots of interest in this area, I think we both got some great feedback that we can use as we think about our respective roadmaps, and that the few surprises that came up were actually to our advantage, since they created the opportunity to double-check, talk through, and resolve things that will happen in the real world. It added some authenticity (and humility <grin>). Definitely a win-win-win!

As it turned out, the only screen we shared was mine, so (having confirmed permission from everyone during the meeting) I intend to have it edited and available within the next week.

If you'd like access to the recording, I invite you to add a note on this thread.

Regards,

Doug

💡P.S. since the Environment Management Workshop recording was an hour long, so I’m going to carve it into a short-length Highlights recording and a medium-length Director’s Cut recording, so you’re also welcome to request the link to whichever you prefer (or both).

Community Advisor

Hi Doug, Friday got away from me and I didn't make the session. I'd love to see both recordings.

Hi Doug, I missed the actual workshop, so I would love to get the link to your "directors cut".

Thanks!

Hi Doug, I wasn't able to attend either. I would like to get the Director's Cut recording. Thanks.

I was in transition to my new role at Dell - please share both links - thanks!

Employee

Thanks for running the event, Doug, and for walking us through your Packages solution!

Hi Doug. Thanks so much for the session. I attended on Friday, but would like access to the recordings for review when I'm ready to use this feature. Thanks!

Community Advisor

thanks for the session Doug, it was very informative. I would love to get the recording, cheers!

Employee

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in this topic or participated in the event! As a follow up, can you please fill out this 5 min survey to help us at Workfront better understand your needs for data transfer capabilities across environments?

Thanks again!

Lilit

Workfront Product Manager

Level 1

Hello Doug,

Unfortunately I missed your workshop. Is a recording available?

Community Advisor

Same here, sorry to have missed this one! 😕

Level 4

Hi Doug,

even though I missed it, I'd like to thank you for addressing such an important topic!

When working on new features, it is sometimes a bit difficult to do so in an live environment and therefore the migration from sandbox to prod is very helpful!

Level 10

💡 Just a quick update...

@Tegwyn Stockdale‚, @JM Carson‚, @Ian Reddy‚, @Rafal Wodzisz‚,@Heather Kulbacki‚ ,@Cathy Kenny‚, @Mary Schelich‚, @Sheri Whitten‚, and @Manuel Bause‚, I've noted your interest in the Environment Management Workshop videos which are in the process of being tightened and rendered, and will ping you each as soon as they are ready.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Nice! Thank you, Doug 😊

Level 3

I would love the links. Thanks! Patricia

Level 10

💡 Both the HIGHLIGHTS and the DIRECTOR'S CUT videos from this Environment Management Workshop are now available!

I've contacted those folks above who requested them (up to @Patricia Greene‚), and if you'd like either or both links, invite you to do likewise below.

Once you've watched them, you're welcome to add your comments or questions below so others can benefit from the discussion.

Regards,

Doug