Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Adding Advanced Filtering to Document-based Trigger Module

Level 2

I have a scenario that's being built off a Document Upload trigger, but this scenario needs to be narrowed down to only trigger for new uploads within a certain folder structure (for example: folder A is ignored by Fusion, but folder B triggers Fusion). Crucially, this folder structure will be applied to a number of different project templates and thus scaled appropriately to projects leveraging those templates.

I know this can be done using the Optional Filter on the trigger module, but having no experience writing API code, I'm unsure of how to create such a filter and add it into my scenario. Any insight/assistance is appreciated!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 3

The trigger webhook should look for new data only and the filter parameters should be where Folder Name is equal to "Folder B". Let me know if you need any additional help. I am a Fusion consultant.

Level 2

Hi Christina - thank you for the reply! I've never worked with API programming before, so I don't even know where I'd start with the syntax for this. Would you be able to provide a skeleton syntax for how this would look?

Thank you!

Level 3

Hi Andy,

It would look something like this (see attachment). I would do the Watch Events webhook and watch for new Document uploads, then a Read a Record module and choose the Folders collection, then have the filter between that module and the next module only look for the Folder Name or Folder ID.

Hope that helps.

Cristina