Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar | System Admin Essentials: Navigating Change Management (Dec 7, 2022)

Employee

Change is inevitable, but rarely easy. Any change – personal or professional – can lead to feelings of stress, excitement, anxiety, and more. We can’t help it! It’s how our brains are wired. BUT... it is possible to become comfortable with change.

On December 7, 2022, Leigh Burger (@leighburger), change management guru and Principal Customer Success Manager with Adobe Workfront, will be joined by Julie Simon, Director, Marketing Project Portfolio Management, and Lexi McGraw, Project Portfolio Manager, from Penn State University. They are each uniquely passionate about creating positive and meaningful change, and together they’ll cover:

• The anatomy of change
  • How our brains perceive change (and WHY)
  • Workfront communication ideas
  • How Penn State took a human and empathetic approach to change when implementing Workfront
  • And more.

This is our last System Admin Essentials webinar of the year and it’s one you won’t want to miss!

----------

UPDATE: This session is now available on-demand. You can access the recording here and a copy of the slides is attached. Thanks for all who joined us! 

Workfront_System_Admin_Essentials_Webinar_Landing Page_Marquee.png

11 Replies

Level 1

Hi there! I am having issues finding the deck from today. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Colleen Kline

Employee

@cmkline Thank you for the reminder, I just uploaded it! You should now see it attached to the main post above. Let me know if you have any trouble accessing it. 

Employee
Follow-up Ask the Expert / Office Hours Session!
Thank you to all who attended this morning's fantastic webinar! If your question was not answered, or you missed it altogether and have questions around Navigating Change Management, our presenters Leigh Burger (Workfront), Julie Simon, and Lexi McGraw (both from Penn State University), will be co-hosting a follow-up Ask the Expert / open office hours session on Monday, December 12 from 11am-12pm MT. 

This event is also published under the Events page, found via Learn > Events (along with a handful of upcoming workshops) so feel free to check that page out as well. 

Hope to see you there!

Level 3

I am looking forward to our follow-up session and excited to continue the conversation about navigating change management! 

Level 1

Good afternoon! I was not able to attend the session yesterday due to a meeting conflict. Was it recorded and are you able to share, if so? I was so bummed to have missed!!

Colleen Kline

Level 3

@CynthiaBoon, I am not able to answer @cmkline's question about the session on 12/12. Would you be able to provide an answer? 

Employee

Hey there!  I'll email Colleen directly and see what we can work out.  Thanks! 

Level 2

Hey there!

I tried joining yesterday's call, but due to technical issues, I wasn't able to connect my audio. Is there a recording of the follow up session? Or any additional resources that were shared?

Thank you!

Caylin

Level 1

There was a question in the Attendee Chat about methods for gathering user feedback that we didn't get to in the 12/7 webinar. We rely on our super users to act as liaisons from their teams. Staff are more likely to share their unfiltered concerns with this trusted team member who understands the unique challenges of their team. We also administered anonmous surveys which surfaced valuable information. We analysed the results by looking for recurring themes, patterns, and potential quick wins and then identified the actions that would address the input. We just recently concluded another round of invidual team meetings and are working on supplemental training for a specific work process based on what we heard directly. We have a Workfront request queue that makes it easy for staff to submit inquires that route to our team. Maybe the best method is being intentional about always listening for opportunities and issues especially when we're not officially wearing our Workfront hat. Often feedback will surface in unexpected, organic ways. If we stay curious in those moments, we'll have an opportunity to make our use of Workfront more effective and efficient.

Level 3

There was a question in the Attendee Chat about integrating office hours into our training that we didn't get to in the 12/7 webinar. We chose not to utilize office hours. One of the biggest concerns our staff shared was uncertainty about knowing how to use Workfront at go-live and training was a critical part of influencing a less anxious mentality. To help with this we wanted staff to have instant access to support. We created Teams Channels that were set up and ready to go by the time we began trainings and stayed active through go-live and the first several months of use. Each team had their own support channel that was monitored by that team's Super User as well as my team. The Super User was the primary responder and we engaged only if/when necessary. The additional benefits to having visibility into the communications was that we were able to see the common questions and concerns. We then integrated those into our WorkFront and Center communications and continued maturity. 

Level 1

This is also what we're planning to do! Love it! I do like the idea of having separate channels for teams, too. Will make them less anxious to have to ask a "dumb question" (no questions are dumb!) in front of an entire audience. Thanks so much for sharing!