Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Webinar | System Admin Essentials: Getting Started with Resource Management (Sep 21, 2022)

Employee

Using Adobe Workfront to manage your resources is the DREAM - knowing the work that needs to be done, what resources you can access, and assigning them (accurately!) based on their availability. And it is absolutely a reality! Hundreds of Workfront customers do exactly this, every day.

Join us on September 21 for a Workfront System Admin Essentials webinar where Corinna Jevons (@CorinnaJ), Adobe Workfront Customer Success Architect, and @ElliotLeson, Director of Operations at Big Red Rooster, will cover:

• A basic overview of the Resource Planner and the Workload Balancer
  • Essential pre-work needed before you get started
  • Benefits to your Admins, Resource Managers, Project Managers, Team Leads, and end-users
  • Advice and lessons-learned from a customer who has rolled out resource management at TWO different organizations
  • And more

----------

UPDATE: This session is now available on-demand. You can access the recording via the link below and a copy of the slides is attached. Thanks for all who joined us!

View here: https://webinars.on24.com/adobe_workfront/AdminEssentialsRM?partnerref=exl

Workfront_System_Admin_Essentials_Webinar_Landing Page_Marquee.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Due to the overwhelming number of strategic and technical questions that came through the chat during this webinar, we have decided to host 2 follow-up Ask the Expert sessions to give you a chance to ask Corinna and Elliot questions live. Both sessions will be open Q&A style, so be prepared to come off mute or engage in the chat. Registration is live on the Events page or by clicking the Register button below.

Monday, October 3 from 11-12pm MT. Register here. 

Wednesday, October 5 from 11-12pm MT. Register here. 

Hope to see you there!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Thanks @KristinFarwell,

That was an excellent session today – thanks so much for arranging it. I was very impressed with the presenters, and with the extremely engaged chat – obviously a super-hot topic!

As I'd promised in the chat, I'm delighted to announce our new Capacity Charts ADVANCED solution which now allows you to “SOFT BOOK” a desired user before committing to the “REAL” Assignment. I'd be happy to explore the concept further with anyone interested via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1663809229917.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Due to the overwhelming number of strategic and technical questions that came through the chat during this webinar, we have decided to host 2 follow-up Ask the Expert sessions to give you a chance to ask Corinna and Elliot questions live. Both sessions will be open Q&A style, so be prepared to come off mute or engage in the chat. Registration is live on the Events page or by clicking the Register button below.

Monday, October 3 from 11-12pm MT. Register here. 

Wednesday, October 5 from 11-12pm MT. Register here. 

Hope to see you there!

Thanks Nicole,

That's excellent: I'll see you at the Wednesday session!

Regards,

Doug

Employee

One question that came up frequently during the webinar is: When exactly will the Scheduler be deprecated?

Currently the Scheduler is set to be deprecated with the 23.1 Release. This gives everyone some time to use and test the new features being released in Workload Balancer next week with the 22.4 Release.

Employee

One question that came up during the webinar:

In the old experience and scheduler tools, PTO has been hard to see in a project schedule with unpredictable project schedule impacts. Because of this we have not rolled out PTO in Workfront. Has PTO display in project schedules been revamped and now made more easily visible?

Answer: Yes, user time off is very visible in the Workload Balancer whether you're using it at the global level, inside a project, or at the team level.  Holidays are clearly marked as well.

Level 3

One question that came up frequently during the webinar is: If there are templates that were used previously but are no longer being used, is it safe to delete them? Will it affect past projects they were used on?

Answer: I recommend not deleting the template. Go to your templates page. Click the check box next to the template name. Click the pencil/edit your template. Uncheck Is Active and Save Changes. This will archive the template.

Level 3

One question that came up frequently during the webinar is: How do we add people to a project with not being assigned to a task so that projects still show up in "projects I'm on"

Answer: See this link on how to Share Projects.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/manage-work/projects/sha...