Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Teams "button" doesn't display all the Teams

Level 10

In Classic, you get a list of all the Teams and can see what they are working on. In NWE there is now a Teams button in the waffle (yay) BUT you can only see the Teams you are on or you created, even Administrators and Resource Managers can't see all the Teams under any circumstances, there is no way to make them visible or share or anything. HOWEVER you can search for a team and find it, no problem! So they aren't actually hidden, just difficult to find and you have to know the team exists.

I put in a ticket and was told this is how it's designed. On purpose.

I was also told to add it to Idea Exchange but since this is in Beta, I thought that perhaps some group feedback might help so we don't have to wait five years for this to be fixed. Also, are we really putting in Idea Exchanges for a product still in Beta?

Thoughts?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not super fond of putting ideas in for beta products. That said, the NWE is GA today, so technically not beta. I know there has been a few posts in the beta group about this issue, and here is one that seems to indicate that it isn't designed this way wholly on purpose. But since Mandy has moved on and I'm not sure who is in charge of that functionality now, it might be worth it to continue to push for an answer (or your answer might be the updated answer and we might all have to kick up a stink).

https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=499&Messa...

Level 10

I don't know what GA is ...

In re-reading he doesn't specifically say it is working as designed, but also doesn't say that it isn't and defends the rationale.

Here is the response:

I've done some more testing in my own instance and have looked around within yours, and I can conclusively say that the dropdown to change teams in NWE will only display teams based on the following rules:

• The user looking at the Teams tab is listed as the Team Owner
  • The user looking at the Teams tab is a member of the team

In your particular case, you are the owner of all of the teams in your instance of Workfront, so it makes sense that all of them would appear in the list. For your other user, they're only able to see the teams that they are a member on, even though they're an admin.

You do bring up a good use case, in that a system admin should be able to see the entire list of teams within Workfront on the Teams page. I think in most cases, this would work out really well! However, if there's an organization that has over 50+ teams, displaying every team in that organization would be incredibly cumbersome, especially if one admin only works with a handful of teams. From this perspective, I can see why it works the way it does currently.

I still think your use case is very solid, so I want to recommend the Idea Exchange in this case, as it is the best avenue to provide feedback to our developers and recommend product changes. You can access the idea exchange here: https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea-exchange

Community Advisor

oh, sorry. GA is general availability (it's considered generally available as per the product release notes for 2020.1). The link I posted says "The current functionality is a stop-gap until development has completed for lists, then the Teams page will be a list of all teams that is easier to navigate through." So I think there are still a few of us who are hoping that the current functionality is a half way point.

Level 10

One more note from support was that I should provide Feedback through Help so if other people think that this is something they'd like to see fixed, please can everyone participate? Thanks!