Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Project Filters

Level 10
In the NWE the tabs for "Projects I'm On" and "Projects I Own" are gone, disappeared, and they say to use the Filter button instead. Sounds logical. Except the built in filters for these two things included Completed projects. When I copy the existing filter and try to add a new statement for "AND Project Status is Current or Planning", it puts the AND statement in the middle of all the existing OR statements and so of course it doesn't work as expected and the results include Completed projects. In the old way you had those filter for projects I'm on and own, with the additional ability to select Active projects from the built-in filters, and it worked fine. No matter what I do I can't get it to add the AND Project Status filter to be the first or last statement, which is where I think it should be to work. There are no parenthesis to group all the OR's together. I don't really know what to do if I can't control where to put the filter to see only active projects. What am I doing wrong?? Jill Ackerman
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor
This is the filter I have for Active Project I Own. Just ignore my portfolio filter, that's a portfolio that we used for planning purposes only.

Level 10
Yes, thanks that's a much easier way to do it, but I still can't understand why I can't control the AND's and the OR's.

Level 8
Hey Jill - I know it's tedious, but did you try adding Project Status NOT EQUAL TO Complete to each existing "or" statement? Kirsten Heikkinen

Level 10
That is what I wound up doing and it works. With all the sophistication of WF it just seems weird. I'm used to parenthesis around OR statements!

Level 8
I agree! I created an idea on the Idea Exchange awhile back about custom rule logic if you want to upvote it 🙂 https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhZnAAK/detail Kirsten Heikkinen