Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

NE Review Access: Project/Report not in Waffle Nav

Level 10
I've noticed under the new experience, even though I give user project/report navigation view (under preferences) those objects are not showing up in the waffle nav. In the classic interface, when you give Review access level the ability to see Projects and Reports they show up in the global navigation. Will you be bringing that functionality back? In our use case, it is important as we only have limited licenses yet our stakeholders need full view of projects...including executives. Susan
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor
The reviewer license folks can't access those areas unless you assign them through a layout template. I'm not saying this is a great option, but it's the only option. 🙂 Create a layout template, set the waffle widgets there, and assign the template to them. -skye

Level 10
Hi, Skye. I did create a custom template layout and it still did not work. What steps do you use? I went to Setup, Layout Templates/created a new layout template, selected Projects and Reports in Top Nav, went to Assignments and added group and then saved. One of the group members has Review access and it should've shown up either in waffle nav or top navigation but it didn't. Susan

Community Advisor
I went to Setup / Layout templates / created a new layout template. I verified that the waffle (upper right corner) included all the widgets. I didn't bother removing them. I assigned a test reviewer, and saved. I logged in as that reviewer, and verified that projects showed up in the waffle. I'm not yet at the stage where I'm adding groups, so that's a key difference. I'm also not sure our terminology matches (what's top nav... is that the waffle in the upper right corner or all the pinned tabs? Or...?). -skye