Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

NE: Left Margin

Level 10
Does anyone else find the left expand-collapse navigation bar annoying? It covers the work area (see attached image for example). While working on queues, I'm back and forth from expand to collapse in order to see fields on project page. Then having to select queue setup and scroll to find sub-options. It was much easier have the tabs across the top. ~ Susan Susan
10 Replies

Level 10
yes, my testers have all commented (on the collapse/expansion), and I think (I hope) that Josh addressed it in his recent Trending Feedback post, under "secondary navigation". I would rather memorize what the icons mean, have a helptext if I hover over them, and go to where I need to, that way. -skye

Level 3
@Susan Pfeil , I agree 100%. I haven't rolled the new experience out to any of my team yet for a handful of reasons. I know that I'll get an earful about that sliding menu. I'm getting used to it, but it's less than ideal. And I'm with you, @Skye Hansen , I'd love to memorize the icons and have that rollover state to remind me. I hope that comes to fruition. Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Community Advisor
Susan, I find it especially annoying when working with request queues and the sub-options. It also seems real touchy, I just get near it and it pops out. I love to concept of it though, especially being able to re-arrange those items I use the most at the top.

Level 10
Hi, Brandon. I manage WF for our whole organization and know I will get an earful. Know one should have to memorize icons in order to function efficiently. My company is busy with operational business and this tool is supposed to be quick and easy to navigate through, now not so much. I also went out yesterday to look at many other P tools on the market. Yes, they do look alot like WF legacy but it's functional and easy to use...more intuitive than now. Susan

Level 10
Hi, Sky. In addition, you have to click 'More' to even get queue setup and then sub options are not easily seen. Susan

Level 4
It would be nice to have an option to move the bar where the user wanted it- floating, top, bottom, left or right. Rochelle Dr. Rochelle L. Webb, CSM Sr. Project Manager, Project Management Office MHMR Tarrant County Ft. Worth, Texas 817-569-4146

Level 10
hey Susan, as Heather mentioned, it should be reasonably easy for you to customize so that your queue setup is at the top if you need it often. I think the last time I looked it was drag and drop. There's probably something in the layout templates to address it (or if not, I'm sure it's planned) -skye

Level 10
our testers have said the same thing, Rochelle (actually they mentioned they just preferred it where it used to be: at the top :). -skye