Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Direct messages now available! Up your networking game today.

Administrator

0690z000008YhMxAAK.gif

If you love making connections like me, get started networking now with the addition of direct messages on Workfront One.

Find your inbox under your profile in the top right corner by clicking on My Messages.

0690z000008YhLuAAK.png

You can start a new conversation from inside your inbox by typing in someone's name— or you can go straight to someone's profile and message them from there by clicking on the message button indicated in the screenshot below!

0690z000008YhOoAAK.png

Happy Networking! 😃

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 6

This is great BUT I got excited at first thinking this was within Workfront.

I thought it was great that I could message a user directly without it posting to a specific project.

Many time while working we have to leave WF and email or IM someone for a quick question.

Any plans to add something like this within the WF new Experience?

Administrator

Hi Tracy!

So sorry for the confusion. I hope you can find people on here to network with and learn from with the direct message ability on Workfront One.

As for messaging someone in Workfront without connecting it to the prospect, you can search for the user within Workfront, visit their profile, and then post an update to their profile and tag them in the update. That won't be tied to any project as you'd hoped. That being said, if it's possible, I do think it would be a good idea to always tie an update to a project because that way you can keep track of any updates or conversations if you need to go back and find them later!

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 6

Yes we do all project related commenting in the Project updates.

I was referring to more broad comments OR private ones.

Sometimes I need to discuss a proof with my Director but I don't want our convo to been seen by the designer who created it. So I have to download the proof and then attach in an email to have our discussion.

Or general questions between job roles.

I personally feel the less I have to leave Workfront the better.

Administrator

I agree! The less you have to leave Workfront, the better. I believe you can sort of accomplish what you're looking for by putting an update directly to the person's profile in Workfront. The comments would be available to anyone who could access the user's page, however there is an Access Level Setting that would prohibit someone from seeing the comment unless they were tagged. So, not exactly what you were hoping, but I think it's an interesting idea for sure! I know this is often why people use integrations with apps like MS Teams and Slack, or Outlook and Gmail, to turn conversations into something that needed to be recorded in Workfront.