Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Current Beta Opportunities

Level 1
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Beta Group! This is where our Product Managers, User Experience Designers, and Engineers can get connected with you, our valued customers, so we can continue to build modern work management solutions that help you do your best work. You can select from the list of active Betas or sign up to be contacted for future Betas. Active Beta Programs - New Workfront Experience for Layout Templates with Gevorg Kazaryan, Product Manger - "https://calendly.com/gevorgkazaryan/new-layout-templates">Schedule 1:1 time Layout templates are a fundamental part of the Workfront experience. We want to make sure that System Admins are getting the most out of the Layout Templates. So we decided to redefine the experience and enhance the existing possibilities. Help us understand and learn more about your current workflows and experience. - New Workfront Experience for Mobile with Stefan Radisavljevic, Product Manager - "https://calendly.com/stefanradisavljevic/30min">Schedule 1:1 time is the new look and feel for mobile powerd by the improved performance and new features on mobile. New Mobile Experience will help our users be more productive and do their every day work activities in seconds. - Project Analytics with Joel Pettigrew, Product Manager - "https://calendly.com/jaythomas/beta">Schedule 1:1 time Workfront is creating visualizations that leverage transactional data within the platform. These visuals will enable the curiosity of users and lead to actionable insights to gain efficiency and enact improvements. - Enterprise Controls with Gevorg Kazaryan, Product Manager - "https://calendly.com/gevorgkazaryan/enterprise-controls">Schedule 1:1 time An Operational System of Record must empower companies to work efficiently within a single instance and not require multiple instances. Help us understand what challenges you are facing with organizing work and people using Workfront at scale. Sign Up for Future Beta Programs How do I sign up for future Betas? Here is the link to the signup form: "http://survey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aYnFQh1iXXCBBXL" Beta Group Sign Up Why should I sign up? Get the most of your Workfront investment. Greater organizational adoption yields a stronger ROI, allows senior and executive leadership to have greater visibility into the work , and results in users who are happier and more productive. By participating with us, your feedback becomes information we consider as we move forward. We can't read minds, so if you want us to make products that meet the needs of you and your users, we need your input. You will get access to the latest products capabilities and enhancements and have ability to influence the product roadmap based on your feedback. What's next? After you sign up, we'll give our product development teams the green light to contact you. Some discovery and validation activities will be targeted to specific use cases, while others will apply to all customers. In other words, you may not be contacted for every beta opportunity. Once you are contacted, if you aren't able to participate at the time we reach out, you can always postpone involvement until a more convenient time. Thank you and we look forward to working with you! Workfront Product Team Jennifer Moore, Sr. Director, Product Business Operations Workfront
3 Replies

Level 2
@Josh Hardman - I think we'd be interested in this. Can you clarify some context around this beta? Is this referring to a custom data field where the reference table is populated on our end either manually or through an integration? For example, I want people to enter a client name, but the list of clients is far too long to use the list control on a custom form. MTCF Matt Fuller AFSG

Level 10
Hi @Josh Hardman - we're also very interested in this idea. Our timezones don't cross over too well, but I would like to provide input. Some thoughts: Being able to have a custom field allow typeahead that looks at a refernce table is great, but it would be good for users to also be able to use it as a drop-down in case they have no idea what to search for and want to see what some of the choices look like. Allow admins to delegate maintenance of the reference table to certain non-admin users. I.e. allow them to add new choices or hide existing ones. Deletion of existing choices might need to remain an admin function, or have some predefined action to take if a choice is deleted. Custom fields should be a value with multiple related labels so you can have multi-lingual custom fields. i.e. English and Italian users could see the translation of the choice in their language, and both map to a certain common value. Users should be able to use these values or labels to reference the field however. I also like @MTCF Matt Fuller idea of populating the contents of a custom field via integration. A use-case in mind for us is our integration with ServiceNow. We sync certain fields from SN to WF but it means that whenever they change the choices in SN, we have to update WF as well. It would be nice if WF could check SN periodically and maintain the same choices as their fields. David Cornwell

Level 3
Some context for the typeahead custom data fields. The reference objects will be other objects already in Workfront. For example, we are starting with Users. When you create this field, you will give it a name and place it in a form like you would any other field. When users are populating the values in that form, this field will present a typeahead box in which they can type names of people in your Workfront system. It will display them as they type and allow them to select one as the value for that field. Once saved, that field will then be available for reporting and in lists/filters/groupings. After the initial release with Users being linked we will begin looking into adding additional objects like Portfolios, Programs, etc. Josh Hardman Workfront