Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Beta testing with users who aren't WF pros

Level 1
In your beta testing, do you include users whose primary duties aren't to manage projects but who still need to work efficiently with the tool? Even to get to this forum, it took me half an hour dealing with authentication problems, a phone call to WF and involvement of a "authorized support contact" from my dept. WF is a great tool for people who want complete control and a ton of options, who live and breathe project management BUT, at least in our organization, I find a lot of the folks are inundated by too many options, too much WF-specific jargon to the extent that they end up using the tool as a simple to-do list and nothing more. It seems to me like even by how the "community" is setup, WF R&D team hears a lot from the WF pros and isn't exposed to how say a graphic designer struggles to be a part of the ecosystem in an organization that chose WF as the project management tool. I would strongly advise you to proactively seek these underrepresented users because they are so much better served by your competitors when it comes to simplicity, clarity and ease-of-use. Selim Mete Langara College
1 Reply

Level 2
Hello Selim, Thanks for your candid feedback and suggestion! You should know that unanimously we couldn't agree more. We love our WF pro's and they offer feedback that no one else can provide, but it's only one perspective of the many that matter. It is much more challenging for us to get the diversity and quantity necessary of the type of user you're describing. The first and biggest hurdle is security. The second is our points of contact are usually the administrator and we need them to then recruit users for us. It's not always as smooth as you'd like it to be on paper. It's a problem we work to overcome as much as possible. We get a few day to day users to test most of our prototypes, but we would all love to see that amount go up. We're actively working on how we can better accomplish this by investing in new hires that can focus on this problem. If you have members of your team you would be willing to enlist in our feedback pool we'd love to have them! Trae Winterton Workfront