Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Approvals and mobility

Not applicable

Hi CAB,

We're finding all sorts of challenges for C-level people on the go who want to use iPads/iPhones for things like proofs and approvals. While I know the apps need some TLC in this area, I'm wondering if/how any of you have dealt with this, and what you may have done to make this work smoothly. Also for the WF folks, are we finding this to be a trend at all or is this more of an issue unique to JPMS.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

3 Replies

Level 3

We're only using the mobile apps for Proof from email links, which for this limited use case, works OK. Since we're not using Document Approvals, because we have a highly customized UI to surface both Workfront and a separate DAM solution, we don't allow access to the Workfront UI directly from mobile devices. What is everyone else's experience?

Not applicable

Thanks Nina. We're in process of implementing Adobe AEM Assets, so that is an interesting twist with the DAM solution.

Employee

Hi Phil,

I am the Product Manager for Workfront's mobile apps. Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it and I would love to hear more about the challenges that you're experiencing when using the apps and see what we can do there.

Workfront actually have two apps in stores, the one that I am managing allows our customers to submit requests, manage work (task, issues, projects), read & reply to notifications and time track the work with iOS (iPad inclusive) and Android apps. Attaching screenshots of the approval process that we have in this app, it’s pretty much straightforward and so far we have received good feedback from our customers.

The other app that we have is solely designated to Proof and doesn't have any of above mentioned capabilities.

To sum up and to start the process of investigation we would like to see which of these apps have issues and if possible what are the issues, are those bugs or just challenges with the UX/UI of the app.

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Vardan0694X00000AsCGRQA3.jpg0694X00000AsCGWQA3.jpg