Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Additional Filters

Community Advisor
So I'm just getting caught up. I haven't had the time that I'd like recently to play around in the New Experience. I'm looking for active projects that I own. In Production, I'd go to the Projects menu > Project I Own tab > and filter by Active In the New Experience, I go to Projects and there are a couple different filter options My Projects filter - gives me projects that I'm on in one way or another, not just those I'm the owner of Project I Own - gives me projects that have been complete for years, not just my active projects Am I missing some easier way to find my current projects? I know there is the additional text filter but that doesn't let me choose active projects. It seems like people are going to be creating a unreasonable number of new filters to find lists that were previously served up to them without making adjustments each time they need something.
3 Replies

Level 9
Level 9

Hi Heather,

I suggest investing some time in replacing Workfront's default filter set with custom filters that are tailored to your org, so users don't have to make their own. This can be done in Setup >> Interface >> List Controls. It can also be done in Custom Layouts, but is more efficient in List Controls if you want to push out to all users regardless of their layout.

I have done this across the majority of object types that can be filtered, and it has been a huge time saver.

For projects, I use three that speak to your post:

00. I'm Assigned (Status equates to Active, and my ID appears in at least one task assignment) 01. My Open Projects (Status equates to Active/Planning, and I am the owner) 02. Projects I'm On (Status equates to Active/Planning, and I'm on the project team but may or may not be assigned a task)

I've shared a few screen shots to provide other ideas, if that's helpful.

William English T-Mobile0690z000007ZhViAAK.jpg

Community Advisor
Thanks William, it just seems like a backwards step to me if we all have to invest time to create replacement filters in the New Experience for things that were default tabs in the Current Workfront environment. Shouldn't Workfront create those filters for everyone if that's the path we have to take in the New Experience? I still feel like I'm missing something obvious in finding these already available somewhere in the New Experience.

Level 9
Level 9
I hear that. I don't recommend it solely to accommodate changes in TNE, but for the user experience in general. (I've done this since before TNE debuted.) The mix and variety of customers served by Workfront means there is no perfect set of default filters or views for everyone. Out of the box, there will always be options listed that don't make sense for some customers and are a distraction to their users. And, there are some options that arguably should have been included for all customers, but for whatever reason were not. I took it on myself to go ahead and define all the options, focusing on the needs of my particular users and how they use the tool. Mostly, I did it because I get unreasonably excited to use customization features like list controls... William English T-Mobile