Wow, THANK YOU!That's absolutely fascinating...and seriously scary!
Thankfully I know just enough XML to know what I'm looking at...and to
know how easy it would be to trash the entire file this way !! (and to
wonder why Initiate events are just an event type enclosed in
tags, but Calculate events have their own tags...but that's
not exactly in the scope of my current project, so I'll put it off for
another day.)But yes, that's it -- I can remove them one by one and
watch the number of errors ...
Several aeons ago, in the early days of developing this form, I had
scripts in both the Initialize and Calculate events of a number of
subforms. It's a monster of a form with subforms for 9 different types
of change request, each with numerous hidden fields that become visible
depending on user answers to various questions. When I first started it,
that was the only way I could figure out to ensure that the appropriate
subforms would still be visible when a user closed and reopened the
You mean the table in the last column that holds the buttons? No, those
are set correctly too, and I just tried putting the buttons into a
subform instead of a nested table, and the it does the same thing. I was
hoping that had something to do with it...
also mix in some FormCalc...so yes, it now inserts the row in the
correct place, THANK YOU!! And I was able to strip out the read-only
text in the initial row and set the text field to
"open."However.Everything breaks when I save and reopen the form. *ALL*
of the table rows have been duplicated at the top of the form. The text
I entered in the new row's text field is now in a read-only field in a
row at the beginning of the ...
Thanks...that seems like an intriguing idea but it gives me a
"T_Activities.R_Activity[$.parent.parent.parent.index] is undefined"
error, as does simply harcoding the index of the test row into the
brackets (which is obviously not a good solution for many reasons, but
at least I might understand table reference syntax a little
better...).Clearly I'm missing some key piece of information here; I
assume it has to do with referencing table rows. I do think it's odd
that myoriginal insertIndex scrip...
I have a table with 18 rows. Each of the first 17 rows have read-only
text (mandatory activities) in a text field in the first column; the
last row is a blank row with an add button so the user can add a new
activity to the bottom of the table. I've been asked to allow users to
insert a new activity at any location in the table (for example, to
insert a new Row 7 after Row 6), instead of just at the end of the
table. (Obviously this also requires removing the text from the activity
text box and ...
Well, it seems that interactive objects on master pages are problematic.
Using a few message boxes, we discovered that the Initialize event fires
each time a radio button on a master page is selected, but not when the
radio button is in the body of the form.So each time we clicked the
radio button on the master page, the Initialize event set the value of
the exclusion group right back to the default value (which was null, in
this case). So the title never changed, because the radio button settin...
I have a couple of scripts that work fine in both Pro and Reader, but
when I Save As -> Reader Extended PDF -> Enable Additional Features,
they stop working (in both Pro and Reader). Other scripts in the same
form continue to work just fine. I'm at a total loss, and so are my IT
folks (who admittedly aren't exactly form/JS/Adobe experts...)I've been
fighting with this problem off and on for a week or so now, and I've
tried a couple of different approaches - I'm a JS muddler, and I'm sure