When I successfully upgraded our dev environment, I did not need to
reinstall the reader credential. It used the existing credential that
was installed in version 8.2However, after upgrading this second
environment, the reader extension credential was missing. When I
attempted to install it using the admin ui, I received an error, and the
stack trace listed above was writted to the error log. I did try using
the same alias.So it appears something went wrong during the uprade and
I'm trying to fi...
JasminThanks as usual. That helped me to find the "Create a Livecycle
archive from the selected components" button.PS. Please take a look at
the upgrade issue that I posted in the Livecycle installation forum.
I'm ugrading a second(I've already upgrade one server successfully)
instance of livecycle 8.2 to livecycle ES2 SP2 and I'm receiving errors
post upgrade. The upgrade seems to go smoothly until I try to login to
workspace after and I'm unable to render PDFs.There is a problem with
the reader extension/reader extension credentials. The stack trace
is:2010-12-11 17:01:34,322 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor]
RuntimeException in method: public abstract java.lang.Object
Is there any way to export and migrate an ES version process in ES2?
When I try to create an LCA, I'm getting a message that states "The LCA
can't be created due to the selected applications contain 41 imported
legacy resources as below that still have deployment IDs." I understand
what legacy deployment are, but I don't want to upgrade these processes
to ES2 compatible yet. I have to be able to make updates to this
processes in prod as the upgrade created incompatibilities that have to
Thanks for the help in this, I was able to find the cause. The
siteminder apache module has a badurlchars parameter that was apparently
configured to deny any requests containing space(I have no idea why).
The configuration issue was not observed until the upgrade to ES2 and
the change in attachment handling that results.
Thanks for the help so far, I'm taking another look at this. It's clear
at this point that the problem is related to the Apache<->JBoss
configuration.Are you using mod_jk, or mod_proxy in your Apache
configuration? Either way, would you be able to share the relevant
snippet from you http.conf or ssl.conf?It appears from my research that
the noncanon option of mod_proxy is part of the solution, but I'm having
trouble getting the exact combination. The original configuration that I
Thanks. I'm using ES2 SP2.It's odd. When I manipulate the port # in the
attachment URL to go directly to jboss(without the Apache proxy), I'm
also able to retrieve the attachment. So the original problem remains,
but the two work around combinations that I've found
It's a PDF attachment with the out of the box workspace.If I use a file
attachment with the name "nickform1.pdf", the attachment opens fine. If
I use an attachment name "nick form1.pdf", the attachment does not
open.When using an attachment with a space in the filename, the URL the
form is looking for is
which appears to be correct. If I manually remove the %20 from the
browser URL bar, the attachment does open. So it a...