Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Static Files in App Builder

Level 2

Hi - I have customers-dashboard sample App Builder project. I want to add some custom HTML and PNG files in the project. I have added in "web-src/src" folder but I cannot access the file.
I tried to use different paths like xxx.adobeio-static.net/src/ws.html etc.
Is it even possible to have these extra static HTML etc. files in the project and how I can get to those (HTML) files?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Images are imported automatically when referenced from the web-src/index.html file. You can also import them manually using JS e.g. from the web-src/index.js file: 

import myImage from '../image.png';

console.log(myImage); // returns image src path

Same for html files: 

import myHTML from '../file.html';

console.log(myHTML); // returns file.html content

If you want to simply copy static files to the dist folder, you can install the plugin https://www.npmjs.com/package/parcel-plugin-static-files-copy, then create a static folder at the root of your project and put all static files in there. They will be automatically copied to the dist folder. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Images are imported automatically when referenced from the web-src/index.html file. You can also import them manually using JS e.g. from the web-src/index.js file: 

import myImage from '../image.png';

console.log(myImage); // returns image src path

Same for html files: 

import myHTML from '../file.html';

console.log(myHTML); // returns file.html content

If you want to simply copy static files to the dist folder, you can install the plugin https://www.npmjs.com/package/parcel-plugin-static-files-copy, then create a static folder at the root of your project and put all static files in there. They will be automatically copied to the dist folder. 

Level 2

Thank you very much. I could not make it work using manual "import image from.." but reference from the web-src/index.html and using the parcel-plugin-static-files-copy; both options worked.