to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Send emails to user

ursboller
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

is it possible to send out emails to users somehow? assume I have the email address from the desired user, any chance to send a message?

3 Replies
duypnguyen
Employee
Employee
Can you elaborate on the context of this ask? Is it about writing an action to send emails to a list of users?
ursboller
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

@duypnguyenthere are currently 2 use cases on our list:

• user can register to certain tasks in the UI. as soon as an action runs and triggers a defined event, an email should be sent to the end user
  • in certain cases I want to send an email to the admin letting him know that the action failed. the admin is either hard coded or set by UI using aio-lib-state

in both cases the users/emails are registered users within the experience cloud (they all have either an AdobeID or a FederatedID). means I could fetch the "/users" and get all information about the desired users.

one way I could think of is using the "notifications" within the experience cloud. if there is a way to submit new "notifications", the end user could decide hinself to either receive emails immediately, daily as summary or none...

duypnguyen
Employee
Employee
@ursboller - thanks for the details. I don't think there's an OOTB solution for this push notification / email mechanism with Experience Cloud Shell, but will check further. You could however set up the email sender using any node module such as https://nodemailer.com.