Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Privacy Service API request from Firefly Sample App

Level 2

I've created a project with the intention of using the Privacy Service APIs.

So i've made a few small tweaks:
1) Changed the endpoint to "https://platform.adobe.io/data/core/privacy/jobs?regulation=gdpr&size=100"
2) Changed requiredHeaders to include ['Authorization', 'x-api-key', 'x-gw-ims-org-id']
I've tried the request in Postman and it works fine, so I know there isn't an issue with the headers, but when I run it in localhost I get a 500 error:

Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 12.21.28.png

Am I missing something obvious?
Edit: I didn't mention that I'm just using the sample app that gets generated, and then in index.js I've adjusted the requiredHeaders & apiEndpoint values:

Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 08.37.42.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I am double-checking with some people to make sure there are no handy helper libs but essentially you will need to forward the headers from the action invoke to your secondary service call.

const res = await fetch(apiEndpoint,{
  headers:{
    "authorization": params.__ow_headers["authorization"],
    "x-api-key": params.__ow_headers["x-api-key"],
    "w-gw-ims-org-id": params.__ow_headers["w-gw-ims-org-id"],
    "x-api-key": params.__ow_headers["x-api-key"]
  }
})

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee

Can you post a sample of the code in question?  It is hard to tell the problem from that error message.    

Level 2
I've added some additional info in the question; let me know if more is needed

Employee

I don't see an error in the code you posted.

In fact, I took the section of code you shared and ran it local and it worked fine. 

500 could be coming from the privacy service.  When you do the fetch on the privacy endpoint are you including all the needed headers, params, and auth needed to make that call?

const requiredParams = []
    const requiredHeaders = ['Authorization','x-api-key','w-gw-ims-org-id']
    const errorMessage = checkMissingRequestInputs(params, requiredParams, requiredHeaders)
    if (errorMessage) {
      // return and log client errors
      return errorResponse(400, errorMessage, logger)
    }

Level 2

These are the debug statements I'm seeing:

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 00.26.07.png

I'm using Postman to make a request to the same endpoint with the same 4 headers (authorization, content-type, x-gw-ims-org-id and x-api-key) and header values, not seeing any issues.  

Employee
That would indicate not allowed. Would you mind posting the section of code where you make the fetch call to the privacy server? plz

Level 2

So from the framework that was generated, the only things I've changed are row33 and row45

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 14.11.25.png

I'm using the 'generic' action name:

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 14.01.08.png

Correct answer by
Employee

I am double-checking with some people to make sure there are no handy helper libs but essentially you will need to forward the headers from the action invoke to your secondary service call.

const res = await fetch(apiEndpoint,{
  headers:{
    "authorization": params.__ow_headers["authorization"],
    "x-api-key": params.__ow_headers["x-api-key"],
    "w-gw-ims-org-id": params.__ow_headers["w-gw-ims-org-id"],
    "x-api-key": params.__ow_headers["x-api-key"]
  }
})

Employee
I will still look around and see if we have helper libs. If not maybe we should make an AdobeFetch that will auto wrap up and pass the auth for you.