Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

list for aio-lib-state

Community Advisor

is there a function to retrieve all variables set in aio-lib-state? something like the function "list()" from aio-lib-files...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Urs_Boller - currently we don't expose "list" of all values in aio-lib-state.

We are working on a local monitoring UI for state and files, so that as an app admin you have more controls over the files and values stored in state.

However there is no plan to support "list" programmatically in state, as it has large impact on the SDK performance and security.

Could you please share your use case for this feature?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Urs_Boller - currently we don't expose "list" of all values in aio-lib-state.

We are working on a local monitoring UI for state and files, so that as an app admin you have more controls over the files and values stored in state.

However there is no plan to support "list" programmatically in state, as it has large impact on the SDK performance and security.

Could you please share your use case for this feature?

Community Advisor
currently I have built both UI and actions to manage all aio-lib-files (read/edit/delete files from UI - let me know if you want a screenshot). and I would love to have something similar for states - just to see what values I have from the UI, maybe change the data ...

Community Advisor

@duypnguyen here are some screenshots from my current app development:
1) see all files within aio-lib-files with option to see/edit the content as well as delete files (download-option will follow)

ursboller_0-1601283900362.png

2) screenshot to edit the file content

ursboller_0-1601284014163.png

Employee
@Urs_Boller - thanks for the screenshots. This UI will also be available as part of the Firefly developer tooling. Let me follow up with the team about its timeline.

Employee
@Urs_Boller - I got informed that the state ops UI is targeted in Q1 2021 timeframe.

Community Advisor
thanks for the update! any plans for a "files-UI" similar to my screenshot?

Employee
yes - the ops UI will support both State and Files SDK, CRUD stuff like you have in the screenshot (not editing text files though, I think it's a more specific feature). Another feature in that release which might be of your interest is the possibility to set TTL for files (similar to state), so that the files are automatically cleaned up if their life time is known.

Community Advisor
@duypnguyen great to know! and yes, TTL is really needed since I intend to have a expiry (currently set by string in filename and manual cleanup) - so TTL is the way to go!