Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to connect to an existing app?

Level 2

Hi,

I have created an app using `aio app init` and gone through adding the actions and code and deploying it etc...
Now my colleague wants to connect to be able to update and deploy etc...

They have the code from the repo downloaded but I'm not sure how to connect them to the app? Do we run `aio app init` again? If so are there any specific options to choose as it is asking us about creating actions etc...

When trying to do `aio app deploy` with the code form the repo we now get... "Error: missing Adobe I/O Runtime namespace, did you set the AIO_RUNTIME_NAMESPACE environment variable?"

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

So assuming the new developer is going to be working in their own workspace in the project.
Go into the Adobe Developer Console > project your working on > new developers workspace and add all the services you needed for the project.

The new developer will download the code into their local development machine 

Then at a terminal do the following

cd in the projects home folder 

type `aio console workspace list`

then find the ID of the workspace you want to switch to.  Let's say the new workspace you set up for the developer is id 12323123213

in the terminal type `aio console workspace select 12323123213`

then in the terminal type `aio app use -m`

that should bring down all the environment settings from the Adobe Developer Console into that new developers working environment.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

So assuming the new developer is going to be working in their own workspace in the project.
Go into the Adobe Developer Console > project your working on > new developers workspace and add all the services you needed for the project.

The new developer will download the code into their local development machine 

Then at a terminal do the following

cd in the projects home folder 

type `aio console workspace list`

then find the ID of the workspace you want to switch to.  Let's say the new workspace you set up for the developer is id 12323123213

in the terminal type `aio console workspace select 12323123213`

then in the terminal type `aio app use -m`

that should bring down all the environment settings from the Adobe Developer Console into that new developers working environment.  

Level 1

Update** this solution works when you use "aio app use --merge" instead of "aio app use -m"