Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Utilize Individual Profile schema attributes in JO Journey

Level 4

I've a use case where I need to utilize a field which is part of XDM Individual Profile's mixin but the event will be triggered by one of the condition for the field of XDM Experience event. Please suggest if there is any way I can include the fields of other schema to map them as part of the action.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @kartheek_a ,
When you select event type as 'Rule Based' you must select an event schema and its field on which you want to trigger a journey. This indicates, throughout the journey you only can make use of fields which are part of same event schema. It means one can't use other event schema fields in journey. 
However you can use  profile schema fields regardless of which schema they belongs to in journey for personalization. Thanks to union of profile schema feature. Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Kartheek,

I'm not quite following the question here. Can you share what the schema looks like and how it is updated? Do you have the action you'd like to use it in? 

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @kartheek_a ,
When you select event type as 'Rule Based' you must select an event schema and its field on which you want to trigger a journey. This indicates, throughout the journey you only can make use of fields which are part of same event schema. It means one can't use other event schema fields in journey. 
However you can use  profile schema fields regardless of which schema they belongs to in journey for personalization. Thanks to union of profile schema feature. Hope this helps