Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.

Feature Similarity and differences between AJO and ACC

Community Advisor

Hi,

My client is using ACC for channel communications and reporting, and will start using AJO eventually. To provide smooth transition from ACC to AJO, I am preparing a document which provides details around various features that both the products support and don't support or AJO features in plan to release around the year.

It would be helpful to hear from community members about their discovery and analysis while providing support on AJO. Any detail/document that you had used to compare the features or additional to AJO will be of great help. 

Thanks,

Jyoti

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Jyoti_Yadav 

AJO is not a drop-in replacement for ACC. They both use the same channels to communicate to end customers, but the use cases differ.

Here are some use cases that Adobe uses in GTM strategy

Manoj_Kumar__0-1675832492513.pngManoj_Kumar__1-1675832505335.png

Manoj_Kumar__2-1675832522143.png

More information is available here:

https://solutionpartners.adobe.com/content/dam/solution/en/spp_assets/restricted/community/community...

PowerPoint Presentation (adobe.com)

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Our usecase was to target users who have x subscription on email, and when they click on link it redirects them to website and if they abandon cart we want to trigger them with a Push. 

Problem is when journey is starting on Segment in AJO, we are not able to do content personalization. Is there any limitation w.r.t this ?  

Community Advisor

@Jyoti_Yadav 

ADOBE JOURNEY OPTIMISER

• Ability to combine all online and offline data at a granular event level creating a real time customer profile
  • Real time segmentation and activation based on big data architecture
  • Powerful segmentation capabilities across online and offline
  • High personalisation capabilities – online content into offline (e.g showing the last product viewed but didn't purchase in emails) and vice versa
  • High scale sending capabilities (millions in minutes)
  • Offer Decisioning across all channels
  • Ability to talk to all customers at once through to 1:1 behavior driven communications

TYPICAL CAMPAIGN SOLUTION

• Offline data, limited view of online data to trigger communications
  • Batch segmentation and activation reliant on traditional SQL databases
  • Some segmentation capabilities using offline data. Typically, not including online behavior . If included, there a delay in absorbing online data.
  • Personalization possible with what data is imported in daily load. Limited online or real time behavior driven personalization possible
  • More limited sending capabilities
  • Limited offer decisioning capabilities. Predominantly email
  • Batch communications and limited web triggered communications

AJO isn’t right choice for any organization in below scenarios

• Client has on-premise data
  • No plan of using customer data platform (different teams and process are not aligned in achieving the organization goals at a bigger picture )
  • Exactly looking for “lifting & shifting ” of existing campaigns

Level 1

I do not agree with point number 2. At concept level, a brand doesn't really need CDP to send real time/event based campaign like cart Abandonment, Trip conformation etc 

Community Advisor

@Manoj_Kumar_ / @Anuhya-Y : I agree with both of yours point.

I am aware AJO and ACC are in co-existence and both supports almost everything and AJO provides enhanced real-time profile and segmentation availability.

What I meant to ask is, there are few things which is not existing in AJO and is very commonly used by ACC like example:

1) ACC supports email attchment whereas AJO does not support at the moment. 

2) ACC can do direct mail data export to 3rd party vendors, whereas it is not supported in AJO. Also AEP supports detination mapping to 3rd party which can be leveraged for direct mail.

So, it would be helpful if members of this Community is aware of something similar.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Community Advisor

@Ivan_Mironchuk - can you help me with some insights.

Thanks.