Expand my Community achievements bar.

t.Media.open is not a function

Level 2

Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea about these errors?

Uncaught TypeError: t.Media.open is not a function

Uncaught TypeError: t.Media.stop is not a function

I am trying to do a video tracking through DTM and my classical code which works on the site fails to run in DTM - producing these errors. Any help would be appreciated.

Take care,

Partha.

9 Replies

Level 8

Hi Partha,

I'd need a bit of info from your end.

Could you tell us how you've set up the video tracking? Are you using event based rules or direct call?

Regards

Rahul

Level 2

Hi Rahul,

Here is how I have done it -

1. I have put the dtm embed code in the site (http://psanyal.5gbfree.com/video/HTML5/appTestHTML2.html)

2. I the global page I have declared everything under Custom Page Code > Open Editor -

a. Media Module.

b. Video variable mapping.

c. eventListeners.

I have also tried out the rules but the result is the same. So if you have access to Adobe Customer Account, you can check my DTM account -

A/C  Name - eclerx.

Web Property - SandboxPS

Let me know if you need anything else. Take care.

Level 8

Hi Partha,

I'm working on figuring out why this is happening. I'll get back to you shortly.

In the meantime, could you please confirm what you mean by 'put the DTM embed code in the site'. Are you referring to the header and footer code?

Thanks

Rahul

Level 2

Hi Rahul,

You are correct - what I mean by 'put the DTM embed code in the site' is the header and footer code.

Rahul is are you working with Devender Banga and reporting to Avik Banerjee? I think I have seen you in Adobe.

Take care,

Partha.

Level 8

Hi Partha,

I believe you're using milestone video tracking here right?

If that is the case, I haven't been able to find a function with the syntax 't.media.<x>' in the documentation which is probably why it throws that error.

Could you try using  s.media.stop to see if it works?

Rahul

P.S. Yes I work under Avik Banerjee's team.

Level 2

Hi Rahul,

See 2 different implementation using the same code, the difference is that one is using the option "Hosted by Adobe" and another one is using "Custom -> in DTM". Both these options are in Library Management.

Here are 2 examples that I have created for you to make things easier for you to understand –

• Without inbuilt AppMeasurement (no errors) –

http://psanyal.5gbfree.com/video/HTML5/appTestHTML3.html

Web property used - SandboxPS_Video

• With inbuilt AppMeasurement (returning error) –

http://psanyal.5gbfree.com/video/HTML5/appTestHTML2.html

Web Property used - SandboxPS

I can assure you that there is no problem with the code - it is absolutely correct. The working example is using that code. I have opened a support ticket too but I have been getting nothing as help - Incident: 150615-000076. Hope this helps as I believe this is a problem which engineering needs to have a look instead of wasting time.

Let me know what you think and also my number is 88796-91029 - feel free to call me if you need any more information. Take care!!

Level 8

Partha,

A possible cause for this could be if you have the appmeasurement.js code on your webpage, you should use the custom code option. Using the 'hosted by adobe' option in addition to having appmeasurement.js can cause problems.

It's usually suggested to let adobe manage the code (i.e. the 'hosted by adobe' option) as not doing this can cause unusual behaviour.

However, that being said, I'd suggest you try to let client care look into this as I don't have a customer care account to look into your web property. As a result I can't really tell you the specific problem with your set up.

Let me also look into the ticket number to see if I can glean some insight into your problem.

Regards

Rahul

Level 8

Hi Partha,

Have you been able to get this issue fixed?

Rahul

Level 10

Hi,

Just following up on this open thread. Were you able to find a solution to the issue? If so, would you mind posting a quick summary in case others face this same problem?

Thanks,
Jantzen