Expand my Community achievements bar.

Site Content Effectiveness Variables through Customize Page Code

Level 3

I am capturing values from my URLs in order to populate my pageName, channel and 2nd level section. I have entered the code into the Customize Page Code interface in the Analytics section of DTM, however it doesn't seem to be loading on my pages. I used the debugger and cannot see that any of those variables are being populated. Where should that code be appearing on the page? How do I troubleshoot? 

2 Replies

Employee

For your code that parses the URLs, are you looking for query string parameters, or other parts of the URL? If you use Data Elements for those URL values, you can set your Analytics variables in the user interface in the global Analytics settings, Pageviews & Content section.

When you say you "entered the code into the Customize Page Code interface in the Analytics section of DTM", did you do that in a Page Load Rule, or on the Global Settings screen?

For troubleshooting tips and training, check out the Troubleshooting Rules video, the Debugging video, and the DTM Basics-Debugging video. Also check out the DTM Switch Chrome browser plugin.

Level 3

I am concatenating other parts of the URL. By Analytics, I meant Site Catalyst, not GA. Sorry about that. I put the code in the "Customize Page Code" section for Site Catalyst.