Expand my Community achievements bar.

Just enabled for Launch, but we seem to have lost our DTM data?

Level 2

My company just enabled Launch, but it seems we lost all the access to our existing DTM instrumentation. Is it expected that one company can't have both DTM and Launch? If that's case, how would Adobe expect users to safely migrate tagging from legacy to Launch?

1 Reply

Level 10

I've branched this response into it's own question since it seemed to warrant it's own answer.

Being enabled for Launch, does not mean you have lost access to DTM.

With that said, the migration tool for moving your DTM web property to Launch is not built yet. The tool is still being built by our engineering teams to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible. Gaining access to Launch at this time gives you the ability to test and deploy new libraries to your sites.

You are also welcome to rebuild your existing DTM libraries on Launch, however, it would be a manual process today. This isn't necessarily a bad thing since it gives you the opportunity to clean up your implementation and standardize on best practices. It also allows you to remove any code  that you may have deployed in DTM that is no longer needed within Launch. One example of this is code to suppress the default Analytics beacon. Another would be clearing variables via code. All of these things can be done within the Launch UI now.

In the near future, we will have the migration tool that will migrate your rules, tools, and data elements across to a new Launch library. You may still need to do a bit of work for any custom code you've deployed via DTM since there isn't a way we can perfectly vet each line of custom code against Launch. This is why I mention that a rebuild might be the best solution for some customers.

Thanks,
Jantzen