Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can Google validate a code in the GA script to get access to demographics report?

Level 1

To get the demographics report enabled, we have to change one line in the Google Analytics tracking code. I changed the code in the Dynamic Tag Management, but it seems the Google bot is not able to trigger the javascript. Google is not able to validate the code as they don't see it in the sites sourcecode. Does anybody have a solution how to do this in de DTM?

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi Felipe,

Custom Insight Variables (also called props), are counters that count the number of times each value is sent into SiteCatalyst (Reports & Analytics). These variables also enable you to correlate custom data with specific traffic-related events. s.prop variables are embedded in the SiteCatalyst (Report & Analytics) code on each page of your website. To know how to work with Dynamic Tag Management in detail, please Click Here.

Level 1

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for replying. For this client we don't work with SiteCatalyst, but with Google Analytics. We use Dynamic Tag Management for implementing the codes. We have to change a line in the script, which I did in the DTM. The problem is that Google is not able to validate this change in the code, as they don't see the script in the sourcecode, because it seems that the bot doesn't trigger the DTM javascript. Do you have any solutions how Google will be able to get it validated?

Level 8

Hi Felipe,

You can have a look at this documentation to see if it helps. It basically explains how to implement your GA tool thru DTM.

Rahul