Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help getting access to DTM

Level 1

Hi Jantzen,

I am having the exact same issue. I also tried to add the user, I am shown as a user. Still no luck . Can you please help.

Thanks.

Deepak

DTM not working.jpg

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi Deepak,

I've branched your response into it's own question so we can make sure everyone can see it.

I see that you are a member of the DTM configuration. Do you know if that configuration is properly mapped to a DTM permissions level? I've got a great video that shows how to properly map a permissions group.

Map a product configuration to a solution permissions group

Level 1

Thanks for the response. I have the permission level both as a user and as an admin, but neither me nor any of the other team members is able to log into create a new property and Tag DTM into our campaigns. I checked the marketing cloud and my account is mapped to my organization so I am not sure why is not letting me log in.

I am attaching the screenshot of the error.

Thanks.

DeepakDTM not working.jpg

Level 10

The first part of that error indicates that your Adobe ID might be associated with multiple Experience Cloud organizations. In the upper right, you should see your organization name. If you click on that, do you see other companies? If so, does clicking on any of those companies allow you to access DTM?

Level 10

Interesting...

I double checked your permissions and everything looks to be in order.

• Your DTM configuration appears to be mapped to the Admin permissions level within DTM
  • Your email address is added as a user and an Admin of the configuration
  • A user exists in DTM with your email address that is linked to a Marketing Cloud user and listed as an Admin

It's strange because your first screenshot shows that you are actually able to log into DTM. However, it appears that your permissions within DTM aren't being applied to your account. Thus you can't access the Ecobee company and I assume you aren't able to create a new property. Does your company use Adobe IDs or Enterprise/Federated IDs? I wonder if your user might exist as both? Would that be possible?

Unfortunately, I think you might need to open a ticket with customer care. I don't see anything on my end that would prevent you from logging in or editing the property. When you open the ticket, be sure to provide your Marketing Cloud organization ID, DTM company name, email address associated with your user, and the screenshots supplied on this thread. You may also want to submit the link to this thread to give them a head start on troubleshooting.

Also, once you find the resolution, we'd appreciate you reporting it back here. This will help others that might run into this same issue.

Level 1

My hypothesis is also that may be the case. When I started using my id, I carelessly used both my enterprise id and adobe id interchangeably and that may have messed up the permission. I asked another admin to revoke all the rights from my id and provide them again, that also did not help.

I also reached out to customer care and logged a ticket but it said they wont be able to help for Marketing Cloud Activation issues over chat and I will have to call Adobe customer care. When I called the customer care they said you are not the single point of contact authorized to make this call, Its my boss but he is travelling. I am struck and can't create the campaign which is critical to the organization.It would be great if you could pass this on to the right channels.

Thanks

Deepak

Level 10

I'll reach out to Customer Care to see if I can help.

With that said, I have a possible workaround for the short term. You could invite another user or personal email address to join the company with an Adobe ID. This ID would then need to be added as a user to the DTM configuration that is mapped to the Admin permissions level. This should allow you to log in and do the needful since I believe the issue is isolated to your user.

Level 1

Thanks for the quick response and offering help. Appreciate it.

I will try the turn around as suggested to check, the only caveat is that none of the other admin is also able to log in to the DTM. though he was able to do so couple of days before.

Thanks for your advice.

Deepak

Level 10

If the work around doesn't fit your needs, customer care indicated you could contact your account team to have them create the support case on your behalf. You should be able to reach your account team via csm@adobe.com